maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10  

Middle Final

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 22 August 2007, 11:56 PM  
yeah nice work Tan, Ross and online fans, My prediction is Tan and Ross both to do better in their second finals appearance....looking forward to some split analysis of last nights final to see where the mistakes were made...Paul I ?:-)

Andreas who (what the hell where they thinking)

Show Profile  mal g Posted: 23 August 2007, 12:34 AM  
Just a fantastic effort all round - by the guys running their hearts out in the ukraine, and the supporters who are refreshing the results screen in an effort to try to be faster that the competiters and the computors. Its really cool to see the level of support for our guys at WOC. Keep up the great effort supporters and all the best to our guys a WOC. Give it shit guys. You are rocking and don't let anything stand in your way of succeding - from all of us here in mighty NZ

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 23 August 2007, 2:00 AM  
Very cool - the WOC race simulator - see Thierry ease away on 5-6-7

http://2007.woc2006.dk/files/routes/event.html?event=2007-08-22-m

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 23 August 2007, 2:04 AM  
Emil Wingsstedt and Matts Haldin - big, big errors. And it obviously got too much for Monsieur Renard.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 23 August 2007, 3:51 AM  
Looking at the courses, to have a clean run at speed in that terrain takes a huge amount of skill, with the longer gaps between times showing that most runners had mistakes of some sort.

That race simulator is way cool and even better than route gadget. It seemed to slow the runners down more accurately if they made errors or picked up speed on the competition. Tero ran almost exactly the same speed as Valintin the entire course. Minna's 2 min error on #5 cost her gold or silver - it would have been very close.

Renard looked like he was having a shocker of a battle with the terrain, the final straw was at unlucky for him #13 where he blew another 4 1/2 min, then decided to give it away.

Ross and Tania would obvously be dissapointed with their mistakes after very good qualifiers, but they are in very good company, in no way did they fall apart. The very top guys and girls definately lifted their games with the km rates getting quicker than the qual races as they gave it their all. In hindsite I suppose that there would have been an element of conservatism in their qual races in regard to not wanting to blow a control and stuff their chances, while still trying to run well.
Realistically for 80% of the feild you have to run a blinder in every race to achieve great results.
Wouldn't we all be happy if we could put ourselves in the possition of holding back to achieve better when needed! Well I'll add that to my own personal goal to work toward, as soon as I can get control of my injuries!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 23 August 2007, 5:20 AM  
Did you hear Thierry took it easy near the end as he knew he had won and wanted to save himself

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 23 August 2007, 5:29 AM  
What I heard him say was that he took it easy at the end to "save his good race" I interpreted the "taking it easy" as in easing back on running at a speed close to his limit. And I'm pretty sure he didn't say save himself but save his race as in he knew it was a good result and he didn't want to ruin it with a mistake. They spoke to him just a minute or two after he finished and he was still puffing abit so I don't think he was running that slow either!

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 23 August 2007, 5:40 AM  
Looking at the splits, Theirry picked ap a whole minute on # 7 by tearing through the terrain, Tero and Valintin both went north around the tracks and clearly lost out!
Val also lost about 45 sec at #5 and 20 sec at # 11. Tero looks to have lost15 sec at # 16 and 1:30 at # 5 as well.
Hmmm ...interesting!

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 23 August 2007, 6:29 AM  
Heres an idea - have all the runners start together but in parallel universes and have the gps monitor their head to head racing - the last control could be a warp in the space-time continuum to return to the spectator universe. Jenni you have thecosmological know how to set it up?

Show Profile  mark Posted: 23 August 2007, 7:00 AM  
tripper

Show Profile  addison Posted: 23 August 2007, 7:02 AM  
Woah Mick is doing some hard stuff.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 23 August 2007, 7:19 AM  
yards

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 23 August 2007, 8:14 AM  
and, Mick, if you ensure each competitors density doesn't change, as they warp through this space-time continuum approaching light speed their mass will near infinity taking care of the spectator control as they will be visible from every.

it's win win

Show Profile  Dave Barr Posted: 23 August 2007, 8:20 AM  
Yeah, but in order to ensure their density doesn't change you would need to expand the competitor to a point where each particle would be so far apart you would not be able to distinguish the competitor from the surrounding vacuum. So the competitor would not be visible with the naked eye from anywhere.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 23 August 2007, 8:35 AM  
did I hear the word naked?

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz