1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  

WOC07

Show Profile  addison Posted: 20 August 2007, 2:41 PM  
http://solv.deimos.ch/download/news/1318_hubmannmittelquali_low.jpg

Photo of Ross and Daniel Hubmann

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 20 August 2007, 2:48 PM  
nice he wore the pants

Show Profile  addison Posted: 20 August 2007, 3:08 PM  
Yeah, typically you race with pants on Bloomberg.

I would be keen for the zebra suit to be the officail nz o suit.

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 20 August 2007, 3:15 PM  
i didnt say nice he wore pants, i said nice he wore THE pants you knobend

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 20 August 2007, 3:36 PM  
Yep I concur re the zebra as official o-suit, as long as the manager, coach and supporters all wear full safari suits. They are soaked with formaldehyde for extra fire efficacy and come in lovely shades of khaki.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 20 August 2007, 4:13 PM  
http://woc2007.org.ua/files/middle-q-res.pdf

Results finally up and working

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 20 August 2007, 4:34 PM  
man some of those dudes are my age! holy!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 20 August 2007, 4:42 PM  
and some are approaching mine! Good on you Pam..

Show Profile  The Clem Posted: 20 August 2007, 5:13 PM  
Good results again today, but the Ukraine factor definitely had an effect on the team and the whole WOC field. The Ukraine factor is an innate thing that influences all timetables, descriptions and any planning related issues on an almost hourly basis. This can range from bus schedules to venues, or as in todays case, qualification maps that don't have a hell of a lot of reference to the example maps set up for training camps as representative of the qualification race. Todays map was green. It was like some of the middle sections of WoddHill with hugely softned contours as expected, but when you throw in continuous green on every leg that nulifies any features, you have some of the best orienteers in the world running around in circles. Literally. eg. Simone had to run back to control 2 after she missed control 3. Or in Tania's heat, Anne Margerette Hauskin passing Tan twice going in the opposite direction. She barely qualified 15th. She's a world no 15 and a bloody good orienteer. Almost everyone had troubles.

Tania had troubles form the word go and it's fiar to say she dropped ay least 4 minutes in the first 3 controls, you really don't want the details, but as an example, a tracck marked on the map had in fact become an erodeed waterway filled with green coloured water. After running to it to use as a route choice it throws a spanner in the works of any route planning. Which meant plan B took her even more out of the way. But she eventually recovered but probably expeneded more energy than she had to over these 3 controls. Chris Jsut made one big mistake that cost him dearly. He loves green, but once you were in the thick of it it all started looking the same very quickly. Ross was definitely the run of the day. Only very small mistakes, but enought to have Daniel Hubmann catch him with a couple of controls to the finish. He beat him into the finish but he's gutted he let him catch him. I'm of the opposite opinion, but he's determined he won't let these superstars outrun him.
Rest day tommorrow, then the team starts putting the hammer down. No more mistakes and the running like there butts are on fire. Or at least some kinda controlled balance. Our 3 A finalists aren't here to make up numbers and want results that befit them and will be looking to run down anyone they come across. I can go on but it's not PC and I can't muster enough thoughts at the moment to politely describe the amount of pride I have watching these guys run.
Alright, enough for now, hope for the best and don't expect the worst. We're not.

Show Profile  The Clem Posted: 20 August 2007, 5:18 PM  
Sorry about the spelling. The excitement was too much for me. I need to clean up.

Show Profile  The Clem Posted: 20 August 2007, 5:23 PM  
Something I forgot. Ross had the ditinction of being the runner who pushed Tue out of the A-final. It was already known that Daniel Hubmann had made the final but as per usual Ross, as an NZer, crept up on the announcers. When he crossed the line they announced it quite empahtically that he had just helped relegate Tue into 16th. He said sorry Tue. Not much talking from Tue at that point. Ha

Show Profile  mal g Posted: 21 August 2007, 1:42 AM  
Great stuff guys. Clem I'm getting goose bumps on my neck when you're talking about the 'Pride' thing. Its an amazing feeling. Its awesome that these guys are rocking. can you please pass on to the whole team that we are watchiing and encouraging and even yelling for them to succeed. Just yell at these guys and girls in English. it freaks everyone else out and is a really good feeling when you are running. its a small thing but makes everyone feel HUGE. keep up the reports - its really cool GO KIWIS - show then we CAN FLY

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 21 August 2007, 2:36 AM  
Great stuff! we're enjoying it immensely over here, epecially when the interweb works and the commentary comes through...guessing that as well as WOC there is some other, can't for the life of me think what, reason why the servers in the Ukraine are constantly overloaded...
any chance you have a spare server and vid camera/microphone and can set up a podcast for us Clem?

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 21 August 2007, 8:49 AM  
What, for back-up race coverage, or to find out what else clogs up Ukrainian bandwidth? ;-)

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 21 August 2007, 9:18 AM  
You dont need a server to find out what clogs bandwidth. Its guys from around the world looking for women like this: http://www.anastasia-international.com/profile-ukranian-bride-Olga-1099582.htm

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz