maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

MTBO WOC

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 11 August 2007, 3:41 AM  
Michal 44th in the long. He now flies to Queenstown for a spot of boarding. Australia's best 18th (Alex Randall). Golds to Austria and Russia. Denmark silver in the men. Remarkable - a medal in MTBO to a country with no MTs! And I don't remember them standing out before.

Show Profile  Casser Posted: 11 August 2007, 1:57 PM  
Apparently Torbjørn Gasbjerg (the Dane in sixth place) had the third best time but hanged out in the startboxes a minute too much(started a minute late). First he got the bronze medal for a while, but it got protested and the lesson is that one has to know how long time to hang out in each box and not let the officials control that part of the show. A bit on the dodgy side at a world championships, I would like to know who uses all the mental energy on checking out that one is in the right startbox just before a world championships start?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 11 August 2007, 2:25 PM  
Same thing happened to me in the A-final at JWOC last year, where the organisers stuffed up for about 5 runners and for that period we were all starting 1 minute late. Randomly happened in the middle of the start block as well, not like they started doing it from the word go.

I only realised about 10s before I was about to start, causing a mad panic as you can imagine! Was the hardest time ever to concentrate on the way to #1 knowing you started 1 minute late.

They ended up taking a minute off my finish time though, and the organisers were very quick to ask me not to protest!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 11 August 2007, 5:35 PM  
The slightly related topic: ANZ MTBO Challenge. The call for team nominations is on the MTBO website. They close Sep 14 with Rob Garden.

Even if you have already expressed interest in the MTBO training trip please contact him again and provide the required info.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 12 August 2007, 2:01 AM  
You ever heard of a guy Rasmussen Michael? 2 x MTB World Champion, 2 x polka dot jersey and one x disqualification

very Danish.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz