maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Waitangi Summer Carnival 2008

Show Profile  addison Posted: 30 July 2007, 10:46 PM  
Book a week of holiday off for the week of Waitangi!

Next years Waitangi will include Katoa Po, CD Champs and other things.

There will be rest days, and the program of events won't be quite so intense as this year

Currently working on the website, which will be relaunched in the next week or two.

If you are keen to help by setting or controlling one of the races then that would be awesome, could you please email Greg Flynn [ gregjflynn AT gmail.com ]

Sweet

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 31 July 2007, 4:22 AM  
dates?

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 31 July 2007, 4:55 AM  
6 Febuary.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 31 July 2007, 5:15 AM  
Use a calendar Bloomberg and your eyes. It says the WEEK of Waitangi.

That would result in 2nd - 10th.

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 31 July 2007, 10:47 AM  
... ummm dont take me down a peg man, i was asking so that i could plan for it, and it hasnt said anywhere the dates, i did check a calendar, and i was still not sure what dates it would be, sorry im not a freakin mind reader

Show Profile  John Marshall Posted: 31 July 2007, 12:23 PM  
There are some dates listed at http://nzorienteering.com/coming_events/major_events.htm that might even be right.

But I'm with Bloomberg; if Simon A's going to tell us to book a week off, he should probably tell us which week to book at the same time :-)

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 31 July 2007, 12:26 PM  
Waitangi is on a Wednesday, sorry if your not a rocket scientist

Show Profile  addison Posted: 31 July 2007, 12:28 PM  
Thats a fair call.

John, Week of the 2nd through to the 10th. That means only 4 days off work, to get a resulting 9 day carnival (but has rest days).

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 31 July 2007, 12:35 PM  
With rest days, I'd like to see some get-togethers on various topics. The mapping walk-talk was hopefully not a one-off (I didn't get there.) Might be a good chance for a controllers clinic - or something that the clinic always glossed over, course planning. What to do if a teacher with absolutely no idea wants help to run orienteering. Orienteering in granite. Coaching. Etc etc.

Now emphatically this is NOT the job of the Waitangi event organisers.

Show Profile  John Marshall Posted: 31 July 2007, 2:37 PM  
Thanks Simon. As it happens, I have a rocket science convention on the 1st til early morning on the 4th, so it is of great interest to me whether the orienteering carnival will be skewed towards the pre-Waitangi-Wednesday weekend or the post- one.

The difference between what the Major Events page says and what Simon just said suggests that the dates are still firming up -- which is fine and entirely expected. So really this is just a reminder that those of us with conflicting obligations are even more than usually hungry for specific date information so that we can make plans.

In my case, it looks like I will be able to get to most of both. Yay!

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 31 July 2007, 3:11 PM  
I will be running a sportident clinic during waitangi carnival, you are welcome to attend after each of your races Michael.

at the clinic we will talk about random stuff and then each person will be allocated a day to organise with no support. that's how they work ay?

This message was edited by Martin on 1 August 2007, 9:17 AM

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 31 July 2007, 11:58 PM  
sorry, it clashes with my wedding. any chance of changing it?

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 1 August 2007, 1:49 AM  
isn't there a season for weddings Stu? With appropriate lead-in events eg engagement party, bucks night, romantic proposal and all of that.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 1 August 2007, 3:00 AM  
"Orienteering at its best, bigger and better than ever"

http://www.madeventz.co.nz/waitangi/

Show Profile  addison Posted: 1 August 2007, 4:40 AM  
Lots of random images on the homepage that each time you refresh will randomly load. Refresh a few times and see if you are featured!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 1 August 2007, 5:55 AM  
Nice. That's a good selection of pics.

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz