maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Injuries

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 25 July 2007, 3:18 PM  
This has to be the best doping denial statement ever

"I heard that I made a transfusion with my father's blood. That's absurd, I can tell you that with his blood, I would have tested positive for vodka."

Show Profile  mark Posted: 26 July 2007, 2:30 AM  
I just bought an Astana cycling top last week.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 26 July 2007, 2:43 AM  
Did it make you go faster or feel stronger Mark? Or did you just feel like weeing a lot?

Show Profile  mark Posted: 26 July 2007, 5:01 AM  
I haven't been for a cycle yet.
But there is no doubt that it will make me go faster.

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 26 July 2007, 5:34 AM  
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/cycling/tour-de-france/

This just gets better and better... seems that Rasmussen is out as well for missing his tests and lying over his whereabouts.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 27 July 2007, 6:39 AM  
On the topic for a change: take heart from others.

DomPost today: "Kate McIlroy is out of next month's world track and field championships in Osaka, Japan, because of a persistent calf injury." She is coming back home for assessment by Ruth Highet and John Hellemans. Her coach says, "She is only 25 and she is so strong mentally that this will be filed away as a minor setback..." McIlroy had remodelled her running technique to take pressure off her Achilles but the result has been endless calf strains and, more recently, constant cramping in the left one.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 27 July 2007, 7:03 AM  
Sounds familiar

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 30 July 2007, 3:38 AM  
Speaking of remodelling running techniques...I was reading a book, quite an old one (translated from Russian I think) a while ago on running technique and strength training of endurance athletes. It claimed that improving running technique could increase overall running speed upwards of 30 to 50%

I know there is a few orienteers out there that have incrediably horrible running styles. It just makes me cringe sometimes when I see them running by!

Also there appears to be a lot of stress related and overuse injuries (myself included, which I seem to be over at last. Just wasnt a good idea running into that tree stump...) out there at the moment. So maybe if some work was put into working on running technique, some of these injuries could be avoided?

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz