maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

auckland champs

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 20 July 2007, 6:13 AM  
who's going? where is it? whats the nearest atm?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 20 July 2007, 7:00 AM  
http://www.maptalk.co.nz/events/event.cfm?e=1393

http://www.maptalk.co.nz/events/event.cfm?e=1394

You planning on spending up large?

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 20 July 2007, 8:10 AM  
yup something like that

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 20 July 2007, 8:33 AM  
May not be possible yet, but your third question could potentially be answered by Maptalk/Events with its use of Google Maps. When you go separately into Google Maps you can "add content" provided by third parties - there must be NZ restaurants, accommodation, ATM etc files being built up but I haven't seen them yet. Fraser and Simon, does the way you have hooked into GM allow this to happen?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 20 July 2007, 9:24 AM  
Not too sure Michael, all the geodata is stored on our own database so GM would have to feed into that so I doubt it can happen.

Show Profile  mal g Posted: 25 July 2007, 6:08 PM  
Hey if you need to pre enter the auckland champs this swedish based kiwi wants a piece of the action. Im home on the 4th I think, so if they are afer that can someone please enter me in M40 and I want crap terrain with lots of rocks and undergrowth and bogs and gorgeous chicks in not much clothing at the finish. Is that too much to ask?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 26 July 2007, 7:19 AM  
So the Auckland Zoo hasn't been persuaded that having orienteering might be a benefit for them?

Show Profile  Selwyn Posted: 26 July 2007, 7:59 AM  
Details and entryy form for the Auckland Champs are now on the club web site www.orienteeringauckland.org.nz.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 July 2007, 3:45 PM  
Simon wrote... "Not too sure Michael, all the geodata is stored on our own database"

I wonder if this method cuts off a whole lot of additional geographical info that will be built up in Google Maps? Here's a link to GM for the location of an event tomorrow - and once in GM I can "get directions" from my place to there, and "find businesses" to see where the nearest pizza outlet is. "ATM" it cant do yet but I'm sure it will come.

PS I don't know how to generate that ugly link, I suspect it is done thru the "my maps" part of GM.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=adventure+park,+whitby,+new+zealand&sll=-41.115751,174.893632&sspn=0.007097,0.014591&ie=UTF8&ll=-41.111402,174.897194&spn=0.014195,0.029182&z=15&om=1

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 August 2007, 9:22 AM  
Generating the "ugly" link is easy - GM has an "Email" button which opens Outlook with the link pasted into the body of the message. You can therefore copy-and-paste it anywhere else - eg into a field of Maptalk/Events provided for the purpose?

At least it does for me - I suspect that some people's browsers have a different relationship with their email software - I had some trouble once with an html form that was supposed to send an email. It didn't work for some people.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz