maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

World Masters

Show Profile  mal g Posted: 19 July 2007, 7:33 PM  
Oh by the way I omitted the hottest day so far in vasteras has been 30 degress. Training this morning in 21 degrees at this rate i wont be coming home. Got corona beer here lots of blonds - why would I? Oh yeah - work..............

Show Profile  mal g Posted: 19 July 2007, 7:42 PM  
Im trying to load my photos into picasa but everything here is in swedish - I know - OL and tucksa mucha and hei but nothing in this computor language so sorry guys the photos may have to wait a little while, hey I went to the soccer match Hammaby V Kalmar last night and it rocked. Hammaby won 1-0 and I have never been in an environment as electric as that one. We can learn a thing or two about team support from these guys. There was a huge BAss drum in the ground and he was keeping the beat for the singing which was absolutely outstanding. I partially lost my voice singing with them - I sang the easy bits! These Brazilianj chicks along from me were fairly sensational in their own way also - but thats another story. I will try to maintain comp access at oringen to keep you guys up to date. Im pissd off at not being able to download the photos because my maps are on their. I will keep trying - bribery may work.......

Show Profile  mal g Posted: 19 July 2007, 11:09 PM  
Simon A - could you please post a link for the photos and maps on this site. It was a huge struggle for me to download the photos in swedish - what with not being able to read the words - not sure if that was from too much corona or lack of comprehension of basic swedish, but there are some photos for viewing. We had a Midnight sun run ( first Sunday Night)- the only thing out anywhere near midnight that night was the low cloud and freezing cold wind, but it is really cool that it doesnt get dark at all. The photo of my halo is actually the sun at midnight from the top of ruka- the finnish ski mountain(it aint that high)we would call it a hill! The maps arew there for viewing, I hope they are OK. The small hilly one is the midnight sun run. All the big maps are WMOC. Good luck with your route choices. Its a lot easier from an arm chair. Terrain is broad leaf undergrowth to ankle level, with moss covered rocks and holes, marshes that are normally ankle deep but in the blink of an eye I sunk to my hips - a couple of times!!! And the white forest actually has branches all the way to the ground - fir trees, birch trees and some pine. All have branches to the ground so effectively low viz everywhere. The brown dottedlines are huge ruts generated in the forest by massive machines - like a mould plough for you farmers our there but 6 or 7 times bigger and again in very low viz situations.
And the brown X is a salt lick site for the reindeer - Santa needs to keep them in top condition. Any questions just ask. There is a time difference of a few hours so dont go expecting an immediate reply

Show Profile  addison Posted: 20 July 2007, 12:09 AM  
http://picasaweb.google.com/MalcolmGawn/WMOC02

Show Profile  Chris Posted: 20 July 2007, 7:50 AM  
Did you start on the coronas before you took these photos Malcolm?

Show Profile  mal g Posted: 20 July 2007, 10:54 PM  
Thanks for the link Simon. You are a legend. Tomorrow I am of to Mjolby for o-ringen. I don't know the availability of computors there. I have heard that dave Melrose may be there so if I can track him down We may be able to get some more photos for you guys. Maybe minus the coronas this time. I am diasspointed in the lack of comment regarding my ski jumping ability. The name on the digital board is my name in finnish and I am holding my jump skis afterwards at the bottom of the hill, Quite an achievement i think! Don't quite know what oringen can offer in the way of adrenalin thrills. we can only but wait. Got my first tatse of real sun today. had to take the shirt off this morning during my run, and this afternoon a small group of locals and myself have be enjoying a local sheltered bay, boating and swimming. Very relaxing. In case you think that I'm not training, this was on the back of a 19km run this morning!!!! Mostly tracks but got some swedish technical terrain in also. I like Sweden A LOT!!!!!!!

Show Profile  mal g Posted: 20 July 2007, 11:03 PM  
Hey Chris. Hows the Bay. weather over here right up your alley. Hot hot hot hot. Chicks wear bikinis (Small ones!!!!)great farming weather in summer. Don't bank on the winter. The lake that we were playing on today freezes over in winter. Its cold enough for them to drive their cars on the ice!!!! all over tha lake. Average winter temp is -15c. Hottest I have had here was 30c the other day. Today was a mild 22c. The days are meant to get a little warmer over the next week or so. At least the swedes farm their land. The finns have so much non productive space. They produce Haylage, but I don't know what for because I only saw a handful of cattle. Re Coronas: They have the necessary vitamins and minerals that the body requires after exercising in this type of heat. The lemon refreshes the pallet and the corona cleanses the soul....... BYE!

Show Profile  The Clem Posted: 21 July 2007, 4:13 AM  
Hey Mal, Dave and Tania left last night. They'll get to O-ringen on the Sunday. They're staying at the event centre(Quality Hotel) in Linköping as Tania is running the World Cup races the next day. First WC race for Tan is a mass start with 2 forking loops followed by a final loop over 13.8km. She'll be the one with the big grin and the eyeballs hanging out of her head. She's pretty excited to be running. Dave will be the one with the big grin admiring certain aspects of the view you've mentioned, and trying to find a decent rum and coke. In between these stressful requirements he's going to fit O-ringen in as well.

This message was edited by The Clem on 21 July 2007, 2:12 PM

Show Profile  mal g Posted: 23 July 2007, 4:40 PM  
HEY the Clem. Weather here SUCKS!!!! Pissing with rain and mud mud and more mud. The muds ok but the rain is a right royal pain in the ::::. I was as the finish trying to Tania come throught but I couldnt see her. There is a bit of a crowd here? Dont know why.
My run has two major errors at control 1 and 3 then Im ok. mistake was being on a hill next to the one i should have been on !!!! Sound familiar to anyone?

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz