maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26  

News from JWOC team

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 July 2007, 6:03 AM  
Hope we don't have to wait a week for the stories behind the runs!

R U lookingg at different results than me Paul, mine says 24th. Maybe its that Maptalk clock again...

This message was edited by Michael on 13 July 2007, 2:04 PM

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 13 July 2007, 6:05 AM  
A tad over optimistic with our kiwi teams Michael

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 13 July 2007, 6:06 AM  
I heard the commentary

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 July 2007, 6:09 AM  
NZL 1 24th, AUS 1 25th. Has global warming affected the southern oscillation, it seems to have got stuck in mid-tasman.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 13 July 2007, 6:09 AM  
Jack maintained that 5 minute lead over Rhys and the Spaniard, and gained another couple of minutes over Aussie 2 and Team Finger. Great run!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 July 2007, 6:12 AM  
Nicola has passed the N American, and she's only a minute behind Germany...

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 13 July 2007, 6:15 AM  
Where does time go?
I have some serious work to catch up on.

Thanks for sharing this awesome experience guys, I need a panadol.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 13 July 2007, 6:30 AM  
To the NZ team - thanks for all the excellent distraction from work this week. There's been some awesome results with there always being someone (usually someones) having a fantastic race every day. From what I've seen of the maps it's been real hard work (and depthwise this has almost been like the full world champs). And sure there's been disapointments BUT one of the best things is the way some of you have come back from disapointment one day to fire it up the next. You've been a real inspiration, and I look forward to seeing what each of you achieve next.

To Blair and co, awesome coverage, and I say that when I haven't even heard any of the audio!

And to the "team" here - it's been great knowing that there's been a whole crowd of us staring at computer screens round the country caught up in it all. Hope our good vibes made it over the Tasman!

I think I'll go for that run now...

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 July 2007, 6:31 AM  
Well Tom you are NZ's OD (cf OY not with other things you might think of!) 9 seconds after!!! Lizzie 2 minutes is no mean feat either and Tineke actually gained two places on her run. Sadly it wasn't Greta's day, but you've shown what you can do!

Other worthy results - Sam and Jack, to concede 7 and 9min-something to the top men is damn good. But what about our lead-off runner in Women's #2??? 5min after on a first leg which makes big calls on concentration. You have a stellar career in front of you - just learn from your siblings and look after your body...

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 13 July 2007, 6:35 AM  
Forgot to say do NZ proud at the final final tonight!

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 13 July 2007, 6:49 AM  
Well said guys. All of you have shown us that we have a great future in this wonderfull challenging sport.

Once again Australia do themselves proud with the huge task of organising and pulling off another great, high profile event.
Aren't we lucky to have them as neighbours!

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 13 July 2007, 7:19 AM  
Yeah, great week and kudos to our team and coaches/managers and to organisers, VOTF and everyone involved. And supporters too! Rumour is there is a special Voice of the Mirrorball broadcast tonight with Kate R on the commentary team. Last chance for a kiwi medal.

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 13 July 2007, 8:41 AM  
well done everyone, especially Nic

hi Jamie

and i look forward to that cold free ale and yarns Mick

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 13 July 2007, 11:00 AM  
Yeah, getting the first two men I reckon you can easily claim that beer, looking forward to it indeed, I'll sharpen my wit

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 13 July 2007, 12:36 PM  
For the stats junkies: an incredible 126 posts by Paul Ireland, over double the best that 2= Michael Wood and Juan Mann-van Klubb could achieve (60, and I demand a recount! MJW had to resort to talking about the weather with Chris to catch up!) Paul, I think I should formally hand over all rights to my pseudonym to you, and if you want a trip to Sweden next year, I'm sure the position of JWOC team mascot is open ;-)

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz