Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Bingo Controls

Show Profile  Svend Posted: 20 May 2007, 9:06 AM  
All the controls on this map are Bingo Controls
http;//www.do-f.dk/forbund/dok/vejled/Bingoposter.pdf

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 20 May 2007, 9:43 AM  
whats a bingo control

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 20 May 2007, 1:08 PM  
Have no idea what your talking about. Can't you zooom in or something?

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 20 May 2007, 1:08 PM  
huh? oh yeah right, cos most controls have AP's a neil. yeah i think this svend guy needs to learn what a bingo control is... me too

This message was edited by SimonB on 20 May 2007, 9:17 PM

Show Profile  Dave Posted: 20 May 2007, 1:39 PM  
I'm confused ... i can't see any bingo controls .. ok i only spent about a minute looking at it... but surely a bingo control is either a control in the middle of nowhere so there is no way to attack it or a control that is hidden in terrain ... which its impossible to tell from a map..

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 20 May 2007, 4:17 PM  
Bingo controls & How to play Orienteering Bingo:

in 1hr time, visit as many controls as possible
at the finish, you proceed to play a normal game of bingo using your numbers. the MC is the controller

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 21 May 2007, 3:39 AM  
Doesn't seem like very many bingo controls to me. Bingo refers completely to having good luck on your side to find a control site. That could be for the following reasons, The map is crap, the control is hidden in thick bush where you will never see it unless you stumble right on to it, or the site is so vague that it is near impossible to find the feature which you are trying to find.. I think many of the control sites on the bingo example map are, although pretty useless, technically ok.
We could try to hold a real bingo event... it sounds like fun! Don't know how to workout what the winning times would be though, could we aim for the slowest loosing time?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 21 May 2007, 4:32 AM  
Martin with the rules of the bingo - wouldn't it be better to get like say 1 control so that the moment they call it out afterwards you win! It seems like its a bad thing to be good at orienteering and get all the controls

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 21 May 2007, 7:51 AM  
sounds intriguing - how about sending everyone one out into small v. detailed area (like the SS sprint in hutt valley) to collect controls in any order - announce a number every few minutes and once someone has all 6 they race to the finish. Would need a lot of big speakers though, and maybe some beats in between the calls

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 21 May 2007, 8:18 AM  
how about texting

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz