maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Favourite Tramping tracks and Off road training runs

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 18 May 2007, 10:01 AM  
Because of on-going achilles injury problems I have a real aversion to training on the road. Living on the North Shore my favourite Off Road training spot has to be the Okura Walkway. The track mainly passes through beautiful native forest, with bridges over a couple of tiny streams, as well as some sand and rock beach running. It's fairly steep in places with a couple of placs requiring wooden stairs, so provides awesome hill training. You can choose your length as it's a there and back run. I have several favourite turnaround spots giving me various runs... A: 7.0km (35min fastest time), B: 8.0km (39min), C: 10.0km (50:30min), D: 13.0km (64:20min). The 13km course has 885m climb. You can also add a few more kms of flat running to this by running all the way to Stillwater which I really struggle with as my stamina is severly laking, and my O races are usually less than an hour. (It may help me to take some liquid fuel I guess!)

Initially I thought the distances were a little shorter until I checked out "MapMyRun" on the web. Take a look, it's a good site for measuring the length and climb of your runs.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 18 May 2007, 10:14 AM  
thats www.mapmyrun.com I've just got into it its fun.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz