maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Au Pair in Sweden

Show Profile  davemeyer Posted: 17 May 2007, 4:59 AM  
The family i stayed with 2004 is looking for anther au pair. I filled this job for them back then and it was one of the best experiences of my life! I wish i had never left!

They have 4 children, Klara, 8, Melker 5, Gustav 3 and Ellen who is 1. They are easily the best behaved bunch of kids you'll ever meet, well they were when i was there!

The father is Jorgen Olsson, 2001 WOC Sprint Bronze medallist and 2003 WOC Relay Bronze medallist. The mother is Susanne Andersson, a former national squad member.

They live just outside Kristianstad, in Sthn Sweden. On a pig farm. And yes it does smell a little bit but you get used to it very quickly.
They will require you to take care of the children while they work, (Jorgen works on the farm at home) And sometimes at night or on the weekend.

You live as part of the family in the house with your room etc and receive a some cash aswell. You will need to have a license aswell.

Knowing Swedish isnt a must but it would be good to learn it while you are over there. I learnt some to get by on. Im sure you could do better.

On the orienteering side of the things the local club is Pan-Kristianstad, easily the biggest club in Sth Sweden. They are great club filled with stars like Andrej Khramov, Johan Modig, Rasmus Soes, and even good ol Part -time Aussie Rune Olsen.

If you're interested drop me an email and i can give you more information.

Cheers
Dave Meyer

davidjmeyer at gmail.com

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 17 May 2007, 6:23 AM  
Anyone looking at JWOC in Gotaborg should snap this up real quick.

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 17 May 2007, 6:30 AM  
yeah waht yeah

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz