maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

JWOC 2007

Show Profile  PaulS Posted: 16 April 2007, 3:29 PM  
The team has been announced. Congratulations to everyone selected.

http://www.nzorienteering.com

Show Profile  jess Posted: 22 April 2007, 8:45 PM  
I would just like to say a huge congratulations to all my buddies who got in to the jwoc 07 team. Thats a really great achievment for all of you being so young and I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good efforts and train hard, I know you will do NZ proud and kick some butt! I miss all you guys so so much from England and can't wait to see you all again! Good luck, work hard, and fill me in with the goss!! Jess xx

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 29 April 2007, 3:16 PM  
Earlybird entries for the Western Plains Carnival (JWOC supporting event) close on the 30th April. Online entry available www.westernplains2007.orienteering.asn.au

Come along and be a part of this exciting international event and support our JWOC team.

Also an opportunity to meet the Mongolian team in their first international orienteering event!

Current entry stats:
28 Nations
93 Women, 124 Men
Relay teams: 27 Women, 37 Men

This message was edited by Martin on 29 April 2007, 11:19 PM

Show Profile  addison Posted: 20 May 2007, 11:43 AM  
Aussie team has been announced http://orienteering.asn.au/news/?ItemID=1646

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 24 May 2007, 8:11 AM  
I while back I heard someone talking about supporters tops or something...was there any progress made?

Im thinking I might need something to wear when Im over there watching...so I dont get sun burnt...seeing as its getting into winter here...Aussie winter maybe = South Island summer...well Dunedin summer at least

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 24 May 2007, 8:23 AM  
Expecting temperatures between 3ºC - 17ºC, sometimes with a morning frost. Sounds anything but toasty hot

Show Profile  James Posted: 24 May 2007, 9:03 AM  
well me and tineke were over there last weekend and it was 13 & 14degrees on saturday/sunday respectively. Damn cold by Auckland standards! I was stoked that i packed my thermals and jacket. And thats still 6 weeks away from JWOC and the middle of winter. So id reccommend being prepared for some winter weather, although chances are it will still be nice and sunny, just cold.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 24 May 2007, 10:52 AM  
Also I read in the paper that Australia has had a drought breaking storm. Also that Fonterra's payout will go up $140,000 per farm.

That means the water thats used in the beer will be cheaper. And Karl will have plenty of money to buy it for us.

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 24 May 2007, 11:08 AM  
huzzah!

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 24 May 2007, 11:39 AM  
I once camped out under the stars north west of Dubbo - quite a bit north west now I think about it - in late August. In the morning there was a lovely layer of ice on the outside of my sleeping bag. So, expect cold nights, but when fine, should get nice and warm during the days.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 24 May 2007, 11:47 AM  

This message was edited by Paul I on 19 June 2007, 11:14 AM

Show Profile  addison Posted: 24 May 2007, 11:50 AM  
Interesting Paul...

Hmmmmmmm

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 24 May 2007, 11:51 AM  
Well I did say a Dunedin summer...

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 24 May 2007, 2:53 PM  
So aside from the reaction to my somewhat sarcastic remark...was there any progress on the subject of supporters t-shirts/tops/etc?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 14 June 2007, 9:37 AM  
Just a quick question, is there anyone out there who is going to watch JWOC but is heading back to Sydney say on the Saturday?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 18 June 2007, 5:54 AM  
http://www.maptalk.co.nz/events/event.cfm?e=1599

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz