maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Katoa Po Revamped

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 20 April 2007, 1:19 AM  
Yeah, good point, 20mins for sure - add in some unmapped two-strand barbed wire and you could bump that up to 30 mins I reckon. Just put Dettol in the marshes.

Show Profile  Green Teeth Posted: 20 April 2007, 7:19 AM  
I'm with staying with tradition and agree whole-heartedly with the point made of having teams compromised of all grades.
Lets not forget that juniors can often view an elite in the same light as an All Black and so running in the same team is a positive
thing.
Talking of such a colour, scatter some of those sheep from the movie "Black sheep" over the rolling Taupo farmland and you could be pushing up to a 60min penalty.

Show Profile  davemeyer Posted: 20 April 2007, 2:59 PM  
yep a nude would bring some aussies across....

Show Profile  addison Posted: 3 May 2007, 12:11 PM  
If the CD Champs as well as Katoa Po is to be incorporated into a Waitangi 5-day, would you prefer Katoa Po to be on the Saturday evening or the Tuesday evening?

The CD Champs would either be in the weekend or on the Wednesday of Waitangi Day.

The 5-days would go from Sat-Wed.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 3 May 2007, 1:27 PM  
There'd prob be far more people available on the Saturday night, the cost being that influences what else you have over the weekend. It would just preclude having one of the more important races (eg a WRE)on the Sunday. I think you could still have something important during the day on Saturday - others might have different arguments.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 May 2007, 1:08 AM  
Good question - from the social side it would be cool to have the KP on the last evening, and also on a Saturday for weekend visitors...is it possible to go from Waitangi Day to the following Sunday with CD champs on Wed and KP on Sat night, as well as spectator events on weekend???

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 4 May 2007, 1:53 AM  
Not with school starting on the Thursday after Waitangi Day

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 May 2007, 2:55 AM  
bummer, thought it was a long shot, maybe KP/sprints on weekend???

Show Profile  addison Posted: 5 May 2007, 2:48 PM  
Thanks for those views nic and mick. It is difficult to work in around potentially other things (eg WRE) being incorporated into the weekend as well.

I do wish for more opinions though, otherwise we are definitely stabbing at the dark when we finally decide what to go for.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz