maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Nationals 07

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 5 March 2007, 4:20 AM  
I have two different versions of the programme at home, one having the Relay Champs on Highway 27 held on Day 3, with the Long Distance at Waiuku on Day 4.

The other version is the CMOC website one, with Day 3 being the Long at Highway 27, and the Relays being Day 4 at Waiuku.

I presume the later is correct but just wishing to clarify it for anyone who was wondering.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 5 March 2007, 4:54 AM  
The version on the CMOC website (www.cmoc.co.nz) is correct. The website is going to be updated this week with more information.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 7 March 2007, 3:23 PM  
Reminder that entries close this Friday, 9th March.

You won't find accomodation better (or cheaper) than at Wesley College - the social hub of Nationals 2007

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 19 March 2007, 9:48 AM  
WOW - Photos of the sprint and the Long look tasty. Any for the others?
Is it too late to add more hillwork to the training schedual?

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 29 March 2007, 5:52 AM  
If you haven't been following the NZ Champs website, there's a few updates:

Programme published (a while ago)

A site map of the sprint event centre has been published

Photos of the middle, long and sprint terrain

Start list is now published (note late entries and changes will not appear until Monday at the earliest)

Show Profile  AlanHorn Posted: 29 March 2007, 7:58 AM  
Can I suggest you put in a better description of how to get to the Classic event.
whereabouts on SH2 ??

thks

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 29 March 2007, 8:15 AM  
It is the Long distance, not the "Classic"

A map of how to get to the event is included in the registration pack.

The event is located approx 400m North of the turnoff to Thames. The most distinctive landmark when coming from the north is the quarry (approx 500m north of map) on the right hand side of the road.

Parking is on the right hand side of the road (hence extreme care required when turning in) after you go past a patch of middle-age pine trees (yes, that's the map) and is opposite the Petticoat Cafe

This message was edited by Martin on 29 March 2007, 3:16 PM

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 29 March 2007, 9:38 AM  
What about those not going to anything else other than the Classic?

That sounds more like SH2 not SH27??

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 29 March 2007, 9:50 AM  
SH2 splits and goes off to tauranga, SH27 goes to matamata

for those not going to other events...
a) you should!
b) look on the nz events database
c) the startlist is being updated on monday cus slackers can't enter on time. it'll have any updates to the programme on page 2.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 30 March 2007, 4:34 AM  
If oncoming traffic is busy and/or the turnoff is at all "blind" (I can picture the quarry Martin mentions, and there are some sharpish corners after it) then it wouldn't be too silly to carry on to the Thames junction and turn around there.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 30 March 2007, 5:52 AM  
Ofcourse if your an Aucklander you can park anywhere including the middle of a busy road so long as you have your hazard lights on.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 30 March 2007, 6:53 AM  
the thames turn around option was raised, but not recommended by our traffic advisor.

there's plenty of space to pull over on the left and wait until it is clear to turn right.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 30 March 2007, 7:13 AM  
Of course if you are an orienteer you can park anywhere as well, even if it doesnt conform to the pattern.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 30 March 2007, 10:57 AM  
I cant see why you are complaining about late entries because:

1: It clearly states there is a surcharge (which means it is possible to enter late)

2: I believe that it is at someones discretion (so you can say no)

3: You surely make more money from more people not to mention the late fees.

Show Profile  hairy legs Posted: 30 March 2007, 1:25 PM  
I'm pleased to see you corrected Alan on his gross mistake calling it the "classic" - but why is it called the classic on the website photo's??!!!

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 30 March 2007, 3:46 PM  
there's 6 classic photos, of classical orienteering terrain, one day people will look back on what was a classic event - The 2007 NZ Long Distance

who's complaining ellmo? sinmply pointing out that slackers don't enter on time.

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz