maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Kaweka

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 19 February 2007, 12:48 PM  
Just wondering if anyone is heading to kaweka challenge from the auckland area (ideally) on saturday morning? Or from any where in the upper north island near state highway 1 at some stage on saturday? That would be willing to give me a ride to the event? I dont have any stuff, because someone is already taking that down, just need to get me there.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 26 February 2007, 12:35 AM  
Some results from memory. Not many orienteers in the longer courses this time but...

Course 3 (Mackintosh 1-day) Mark Lawson 1st vet, Amber Morrison 1st woman and close to top overall.
Course 4 (Mackintosh 2-day) Todd Oates 1st overall, Bryn Davies and Piret Klade 1st mixed pair
Course 5 (New duathlon course) Tom Reynolds 1st
Course 6 (old course 5, why did they change the numbers?) poss Rachel Goodwin 1st schoolgirl, now here it gets interesting. Mark Lawson 1st vet but he had hung up his parka to dry after the previous day's course, forgot to re-pack it, and was disqualified:-(( But wait there's more. Ross Morrison beat the record time which had stood for several years. But wait, there's more. He wasn't the winner. The winner was schoolboy Dougan Butler, same guy that James Bradshaw couldn't match last year. Amazing mt-running talent!

Show Profile  dam Posted: 26 February 2007, 7:19 AM  
Jamie Goodwin was 1st school girl aged 14

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 26 February 2007, 1:51 PM  
Simon Jager had a storming run to beat Jamie Goodwin by 5 secs. Well done Simon.

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 27 February 2007, 9:00 AM  
Kuripapango Hill - Lakes Rd (Course 5)M: Neil Kerrison 2004 11:39

Neil...you're the reall deal man

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 27 February 2007, 3:04 PM  
Yes but the question is will the record stand for another year

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 27 February 2007, 11:14 PM  
Lakes Rd - Finish M: Shaun Collins & Brent Edwards 1998 36:33

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 1 March 2007, 7:08 AM  
brent! you show off! everyone knows you're the man, but neil... well he needs a little propping up

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 1 March 2007, 8:52 AM  
Yea, that's true

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 1 March 2007, 11:06 AM  
Yeah Brent. And it still wasn't fast enough to beat me and Stu overall that year. Split bagger.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 1 March 2007, 6:26 PM  
Yeah you split bagger Brent. Im sure splits isn't the only thing that Brent bags.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz