maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

MTB Rogaine Dec 16

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 27 November 2006, 2:24 AM  
MAKARAU MADNESS 2006

Saturday 16th December

For 2006 we are again running the makarau madness mountain bike rogaine. This year the event is going to be centered around AHUROA PRIMARY SCHOOL. This location is furthur north than the old makarau venue and is closer to the better riding in the northern part of the area. It will also pose more challenges in terms of planning the most effective route.
We have some more changes for 2006:
MORE FARM TRACKS
SOME FORESTRY TRACKS
A RIVER CROSSING ACROSS THE HOTEO RIVER
These changes are all on tracks that cannot be ridden at any other time. This is a chance to ride on private land in areas NEVER BEFORE USED for mountain biking.

To get an entry form either email (makaraumadness@hotmail.com) or get an entry form from the Auckland Mountain Bike Club website, www.aucklandmtb.co.nz. CLick on the link on the main page to access an entry form.

This message was edited by thomasr on 27 November 2006, 10:09 PM

Show Profile  Rob G Posted: 27 November 2006, 2:45 AM  
Hmmmm.... What sort of "root" do you recommend for me?

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 27 November 2006, 4:32 AM  
On a more serious note last years event was excellent and this years will be even better with all the offroad stuff. I'll bring Marquita along but I doubt I'l need any help from her with the planning.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 27 November 2006, 8:02 AM  
You mean you dont need help planning and executing a root??

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 27 November 2006, 8:30 AM  
Thomas, I thought you were meant to be an English skolla!
Based on the initial advertising, the event is likely to have more entries than last year.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 27 November 2006, 9:10 AM  
Good stuff Thomas and Mark.

Show Profile  comatose Posted: 27 November 2006, 11:36 AM  
Rob, I'd recommend planning a root on single track rather than unsealed road, less gravel rash involved. And you might want to plan carefully the approach to Ahuroa Primary School as the most effective root could attract unwanted police attention.

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 27 November 2006, 2:11 PM  
you can root anywhere you like, weve got heapsa forest tracks this year so you can plan routes that will allow oppourtunities for a root if you like.
Seriously though we checked out the tracks on sunday and there is some awesome riding in there.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 27 November 2006, 6:09 PM  
Garden asking for recommendations on rooting. Now I've seen it all.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 November 2006, 2:37 AM  
Should be a good shakedown for the Akatarawa Attack, 8 and 4hr MTB rogaine in the wilds between Upper Hutt and Kapiti. This is the event that Simon Kennnett is choosing over the national cross country champs!

Sun 28 Jan is the middle of Auckland Anniversary Weekend, and you could also take in the Jumbo Holdsworth Trail Race on the Saturday. Details on the MTBO website www.mapsport.co.nz/mtbo/mtbo.html

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz