Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Queenstown AR

Show Profile  :D Posted: 10 November 2006, 2:46 PM  
Anyone know anything about this AR? http://www.queenstown45.co.nz/

Is it worth the trip over?

Danielle

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 10 November 2006, 2:56 PM  
No if you are coming over at Easter then run the Orienteering nationals.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 10 November 2006, 2:57 PM  
Easter = NZ Orienteering Nationals

Show Profile  :D Posted: 12 November 2006, 12:13 PM  
Orienteering is boring.

Show Profile  :D Posted: 12 November 2006, 12:17 PM  
I asked if anyone knew anything about the race and whether it'd be good or not, not if anyone was doing it.
:D

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 12 November 2006, 12:21 PM  
Then get the hell out of this orienteering forum, and piss off over to an adventure racing one

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 12 November 2006, 12:29 PM  
Yes

Show Profile  darren Posted: 12 November 2006, 1:58 PM  
Hi Danielle,

It's obviously a new event but the vision for it looks pretty good. It is in a pretty amazing part of the country and for that reason alone I think it would be worth the trip over for. Looks like the kayaks are provided so you won't have to organise that which is a bonus.

Many of the people that check this forum, as you know, are fairly obsessed (and often narrow minded) orienteering geeks, without many other interests in life. They can be quite fun to laugh at though!

You might get a more friendly and intelligent response to your query on www.sportzhub.com

Show Profile  mark Posted: 13 November 2006, 1:17 AM  
pot calling the kettle black

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 13 November 2006, 1:35 AM  
I laugh at Darren all the time, he is right its quite fun

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 13 November 2006, 4:48 AM  
Danielle, don't be offended by Greg's comments as we all know he talks a lot of shit on this forum. The Queenstown race looks excellent, but for a cheaper alternative you could do our nationals weekend followed by the 5 races that are planned for the following few days, or you do the ARC adventure race the weekend after nationals, which is the most popular AR in the North Island. see www.arcevents.co.nz
You'd be welcome to stay as well.

Show Profile  :D Posted: 13 November 2006, 7:41 AM  
Thanks guys for the feedback, and for letting me know about the sportzhub website.

Rob: the whole point to doing this AR is cause I'm not o'ing at easter & want something else to do!

Later,
D

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz