maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

TV3 tonight

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 10 September 2006, 3:33 PM  
its all fun and games and sometimes pretty funny. The urban marathon from a few weeks ago and the reenactment of the tamiti league fight brought tears to the eye.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 11 September 2006, 12:17 AM  
theres an olde codger indeed!

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 11 September 2006, 9:26 AM  
Nobody seems to have caught on to the most depressing thing about this whole incident: Toni Marsh went orienteering and NONE OF US were there to provide on the spot coaching. Oh well, my brother tells me she's a bit of a bitch, so we can just console ourselves with that thought.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 11 September 2006, 9:37 AM  
For the benefit of young Elmo: learn to read a map! Seriously though, southern Mackenzie Country, south Canty or North Otago depending on who's boundaries you believe, nearest town by road is Omarama, though as the kea flies Twizel, Makarora or Haast might be closer. And if that doesn't help, maybe because we're all orienteering geeks it would help to say the nearest orienteering map is Irishman's Creek (unless there's something round Wanaka). I've found an awesome venue for a middle distance race that nobody would come to because it's too far from everywhere. Anyone fancy some high altitude training? There's spare beds and I'm here til mid January at least, possibly a bit longer.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 11 September 2006, 12:32 PM  
Get mapping. A few SI old codgers have been talking about a "high country" multi-day that would take people to some of these gems that are too far on their own.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 11 September 2006, 1:22 PM  
Hope they have it in the middle of winter

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 11 September 2006, 1:35 PM  
mid winter queens birthday in the southern alps

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 11 September 2006, 1:57 PM  
Firstly its Ellmo not Elmo. And secondly I was checking to ensure that you were not in fact hanging out at Shed 2 on the quay East Pier Ahuriri Napier. But thanks for informing me non the less.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 12 September 2006, 1:03 PM  
Yeah, it did occur to me after my last post that our fuzzy red friend is from HB, so would be more familiar with that other Ahuriri that definitely is not high altitude. Sorry Michael, even if some local photogrammetry was to land in my lap, it would take someone with much more experience to fill in the gaps under the dense beech canopy... ...but then there is plenty of time til QB

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 13 September 2006, 6:15 AM  
What area are you talking about nick?

That first slope of forest on the true left up the valley?

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 14 September 2006, 1:24 PM  
Yeah, The first big patch, spilling out on the valley floor (from the track to Dingle, and Base Hut up to the locked gate, if we're thinking of the same spot).

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 14 September 2006, 1:52 PM  
I'm glad I'm not old, thats gold

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz