maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8  

World Champs

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 29 July 2006, 10:04 PM  
Tan was awesome today - can't wait till Friday. As Clem said the rest
of us made mistakes. I was pleased with my O apart from one leg where I made a parallel type mistake that meant that I did a bit further a biggish hill extra. Mistake was 4mins and I was 2mins out so hopefully if I can keep it together tomorrow... James was pleased with his race and siad it was pretty clean. Karl said he was scrappy. Ross made at least one big mistake but seemed to be running pretty fast even though he can't walk because his back is out. Lara was pretty pleased, two mistakes but not way out of control. I think she did really well in her first WOC race to hold it together so well and not do one of those freaked out kind of things that can happen.

The terrain was fun, like we expected, not super technical but you've got to be careful when you're running quite hard.

It was cool to see Bretn, Aaron and Andy J afterwards - I think they were doing the courses so we can see if they would have qualified.

Al made a 2 minute mistake driving back (he sadi to ay that.)

Meeting time. Tan not running tomorrow if you get around to wondering. Please everyone cross your fingers for Carsten as well as us!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 30 July 2006, 8:37 AM  
From the WOC press realease.

"The surprise in the women’s heats was the immaculate second place for New Zealand’s Tania Robinson."

What a crock, its no surprise, Johan Fegar needs a bash

Show Profile  addison Posted: 30 July 2006, 9:41 AM  
Long Distance Qualifications:

Start times

10:03 Rob J
10:39 James
11:15 Karl

10:08 Tania (even though not running)
10:38 Lara
10:44 Jenni

10:01 Carsten

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 30 July 2006, 12:46 PM  
keep goin fast carsten. dont run into any road signs

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 30 July 2006, 1:51 PM  
From a horror first intermediate time which had the commentator saying she might not make the final, to then catch a minute and a half on Niggli-Luder! Even tho N-L might have buttoned off knowing things were going smoothly, that's still an awesome performance, Hanny.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 30 July 2006, 2:00 PM  
Carsten is safe, but what about Jenni? There are 4 in the int results who haven't shown in the finish results, and she's got one spare place...

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 30 July 2006, 2:08 PM  
Well done Jenni! Hang in there Karl (15th at this point at 7/10km)

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 30 July 2006, 2:33 PM  
Bad luck Karl, guess there's a story between 7 and 10km:-)) Best wishes also to Rob, James and Lara.

Show Profile  John Marshall Posted: 31 July 2006, 12:04 PM  
Tania may not have run in her Long qualification, but there were still lots of familiar names in her heat, at least for Vladivostok United members me and onemanfanclub. Leaving off the obviousnesses at the top, I'm thinking of the obvious person at 5, and also 9, 15, and 23. Oh well I'm sure Ili has a boyfriend by now :-(, but I wonder if Dace's husband is running the WOC Tour M40 in his New Zealand top?

Show Profile  Marquita G Posted: 1 August 2006, 10:18 AM  
Sprint qualifications

Start times

Rob J 9.03
Ross 9.14
Karl 9.33

Jenni 9.53
Lara 10.05
Tania 10.15

This message was edited by Marquita G on 1 August 2006, 6:18 PM

Show Profile  Slow-O Posted: 1 August 2006, 12:35 PM  
Wicked sprint run by Tania...
She must be the new kiwi 'machine'

Show Profile  darren Posted: 1 August 2006, 1:13 PM  
just talked to tania on the phone and she said she was feeling really bouncy. I guess that's a good sign. She also said she had a few errors in the sprint qual, so it's looking real good if she nails it in the final. Lara fell over and smashed her compass which didn't help, but didn't hear about the rest of the team.
better get some sleep, it's gonna be an early morning.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 1 August 2006, 1:41 PM  
great stuff tania - anyone know what time NZ the final is?

Show Profile  darren Posted: 1 August 2006, 1:48 PM  
kick off 2.50am NZtime. Apparently they will have the live video stream up and running. Better get the popcorn ready Mick!!

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 1 August 2006, 1:59 PM  
I think I heard the commentators say 1600 for the start of the women - which equates to 2 am here. Not sure if I heard right though, hopefully start times will be posted soon if not already. Men were definitely after 1600. You're going to score some serious points Mick, if Mani has an early wake up, and you volunteer to look after him...

...funny, Darren's message wasn't there when I started typing, and I'm sure I didn't take that long!

This message was edited by onemanfanclub on 2 August 2006, 12:36 AM

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz