maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Good Luck To The JWOC Team

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 22 June 2006, 8:51 AM  
Go hard!!

Show Profile  :D Posted: 22 June 2006, 3:05 PM  
Yeah, go team NZ! And remember.. results walk all over ground work when it comes to the party!
:D

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 23 June 2006, 8:33 AM  
Nice

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 24 June 2006, 3:23 AM  
All the best for awesome times on and off the map!!

As far as the latter goes, Lithuania's a really fun country, just remember though (unless they've adopted the Euro already) not to get excited when you're told "Your beer will be 5 litas". That's the price, not the quantity...

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 24 June 2006, 8:54 AM  
Hi guys,

NZ team has successfully reached Amsterdam. Everybody but Riki is still fresh and clean shaven. Tired but excited. Our first "warm up" race is on Tuesday.

Thanks for your support. We will keep you posted via Maptalk.

Show Profile  jagoosh Posted: 26 June 2006, 10:35 AM  
Go hard and don't forget to use that brain type thingy to full effect. Your coach is a top bloke too so hope you use his experience well.
Good onya Neil.
Go well Tineke.

Joe

Show Profile  addison Posted: 26 June 2006, 5:34 PM  
Practice race today, and wholey shit talk about stinging metal. I didnt wear anything for my shins, and yes I am very tingly at the moment. Was so warm, we all found it pretty tough - but loving this new terrain - pity about the vegetation though.

Peace out

This message was edited by Simon Addison on 28 June 2006, 2:29 AM

Show Profile  addison Posted: 26 June 2006, 5:39 PM  
And I OWN the SIMON

Show Profile  Brenda Boghopper Posted: 27 June 2006, 2:46 PM  
Envy u Simon, snot so worm here lately with snow on the dessert road etc. Wooden mine feeling tingly atcherly, cid you bring summa that metal home with u?

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 27 June 2006, 10:16 PM  
Hey Neil et al,
Do you know when you will arrive in Stockholm? I have to organize
getting the key to the clubhouse and someone to meet you and give it
to you. I'll be away from Friday 7th until about noon on Monday 10th so if you're arriving before that then it would be especially good for me to know so I can find someone to meet you.

Good skill to the team! Conentrate on getting the basics right.

Harden up in the nettles - they're not as bad as onga onga after all! I've heard of people who've trained running back and forth in waist high nettles so they're used to it. Wouldn't recommend it at this stage,though.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 29 June 2006, 12:56 AM  
Neil, thanks for the txt and hope it is all going well. Please pass on my best wishes to the team.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 29 June 2006, 6:19 PM  
Mondays results

http://www.dbtopas.lt/takas/varzybos.php?lng=eng

Show Profile  Dave Posted: 30 June 2006, 2:26 AM  
Hows that for a name .... 19th in the D20

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 30 June 2006, 4:37 AM  
neil won the finish sprint... wow!

This message was edited by SimonB on 30 June 2006, 12:37 PM

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 1 July 2006, 1:59 PM  
A lowdown on the terrain.

Middle, Green! low visability. It's bloody hard and very easy to get drawn off your compass. The circle hills all look the same and although they look big on the map, closer inspection shows an over use of form lines. Often a hill will be one countour high but appear large because it has two form lines aswell. The trick is listining to the compass and being confident. Also looking around and ahead as much as possible to then link this back to the map...not the other way round. There are many tracks and vegataion changes on the maps. Any attempt to use either of these for navigation results in major time loss. The tracks are extremely unreliable and often hard to follow even when you are on them. I expect there will be a great deal of tracking in the forest by the end of the day.

The long is similar but with more of the beautiful white forest and perhaps bigger more distinct hills...which is good. It reminds me a bit of Beautiful Hills native bush.

In general the ground is very soft, both sandy and mossy.

The relay in training is flat fast broad and open. It is just like home. One of the training maps reminded me of flat Australian gully spur and today was just like being at home on Manuwatu sand dunes. We will be in our home terrain! and we have a fit team! Bring on the relays!!

The sprint is in the "old town". Druskininkai is a nice spaced out tourist town with bueatiful but initially grumpy people. Once you get to know the people ofcourse they are fantastic. The team is socailising well as more an more teams arrive at the official accomodation.

I may have won the finish Simon...but so did Lizzie!

Show Profile  addison Posted: 1 July 2006, 5:50 PM  
And there is a hotel here called "Pussy N Ass" But spelt Pusynas. How legend is that.

Neil came out the backdoor of the pussynass

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz