maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

niels shield

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 3 June 2006, 12:06 PM  
Ok, if Jager beat Thomas at Albany (I heard he didn't...but I guess we await the official results)

PS I know where you live Elmo.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 3 June 2006, 12:26 PM  

This message was edited by Ellmo1769 on 3 June 2006, 8:27 PM

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 3 June 2006, 12:28 PM  
I don't think you know where I live Neil

Show Profile  Dave Barr Posted: 5 June 2006, 7:32 AM  
Hi Andrew!

Show Profile  JD Posted: 5 June 2006, 9:08 AM  
wow ellmo is 237yrs old. wow

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 5 June 2006, 10:22 AM  
How do you figure that??

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 5 June 2006, 10:26 AM  
1769-2006?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 5 June 2006, 10:33 AM  
Check his profile

Date of Birth
17 January 1987

Show Profile  JD Posted: 5 June 2006, 11:48 PM  
damn.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 6 June 2006, 10:42 AM  
The Neil Shield (Junior Men) and Rayney Trophy (Junior Woman) is the Ranfurly Shield of orienteering.

Rules:
0. Neil has the ability to interpret and change rules as he sees fit. You are welcome to discuss any matter, but his decisions are overiding.
1. Challengers must beat holder twice in a row to win the shield.
2. If two challengers beat holder twice at the same time, the new holder is the winner of the last race.
3. Once a new holder is found a challenger must then beat the new holder twice more.
4. A holder can enter their normal age A grade or consult with the D Squad coach to run another eg elites. If running out of age grade than it should be publicised to challengers via maptalk a week before entries close.
5. Whenever the "Orienteering Today" magazine arrives in my mail box the current holders of the shield will receive the magazine to keep as reward for their status.
6. The holder will be open to challenges from all Juniors (of the same sex) on their course regardless of grade entered.
7. The shield and trophy will be contested at all NZ A-Grade event, OY's, secondary school champs, Super Series and any other event the D Squad coach wishes eg camp champs, trials.
8. If a holder does not start four A-grade events in a row then the trophy will go to the winner of the next race in the current holders grade. This rule only applies to A-grade events, not OYs.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 6 June 2006, 10:49 AM  
OK, I've made some changes to the rules above. Because the old ones were confusing me. The main thing I've changed is that if the holder misses 4 events then the winner of the next race gets the shield regardless of who has run the previous 4 events.

I had made an error in my previous calculations. According to the old rules, Thomas lost the shield to Alistair Long (As Thomas didn't turn up to Palmy North and CD champs and Alistair did). Alistair therefore gets the magazine.

Alistair then lost the shield to Simon Jager on Sunday of Queen's Birthday. No further discussion will be entered into.

This message was edited by Neil K on 6 June 2006, 6:50 PM

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 6 June 2006, 11:02 AM  
who is this alistair fella? didnt alastair hold it?

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 6 June 2006, 11:06 AM  
History of the Trophy.

Name, Successful challenge event.

Tineke Berthelsen, Auckland Champs 2005
Current Champion: Lizzie Ingham Waitangi, Weekend 2006

Current challengers with one win: None. Although Tineke came within 5 seconds of winning the Trophy on QB Sunday.

This message was edited by Neil K on 6 June 2006, 7:09 PM

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 6 June 2006, 11:08 AM  
Marten, look at the discussion topic title.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 6 June 2006, 11:24 AM  
is jwoc the next event?

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz