maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

niels shield

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 1 June 2006, 8:20 AM  
since the current holders are running m21e does that mean they lose the shield? or is this special exception cos of jwoc?

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 1 June 2006, 10:06 AM  
the current holder is running m20 for most of the weekend.
simon lost the shield at north island secondary schools according to neil. This is because i beat him in the long at nationals (m18) then he ran 20s and i ran 18s for the middle then i beat him at north islands, therefore i beat him in two consecutve races.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 1 June 2006, 10:25 AM  
And if Simon was still the holder it would not mean that he would automatically lose it provided he notified Neil and asked for an exemption - thus making M21E the grade for the competition grade for the shield for the acknowledged races as far as I can tell.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 1 June 2006, 10:31 AM  
However I do not necessarily agree to the rules set down - as I feel the holder should have the right to run whichever grade they want - and the challengers should follow them rather than vice versa. Clearly Thomas avoided racing Simon in the middle because he realised he would have got annihilated - and then challenges him in a race he knew he would have a chance in - NISS. All respect to you tho Tom - you still mantain a high O level despite your recent break from Oing.

This message was edited by Ellmo1769 on 1 June 2006, 5:39 PM

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 1 June 2006, 1:19 PM  
yes the Orienteering Today Magazines arrived today, and they will be going to the current holders, Thomas and Lizzie.

We have had two new Silva Thumb Compasses donated to the competition. They will be given to the holders of the Shield and Trophy after Queen's Birthday.

Good Luck.

Show Profile  Dave Barr Posted: 2 June 2006, 3:23 AM  
Hi Neil.

Show Profile  AndrewT Posted: 2 June 2006, 10:55 AM  
Hi dave!

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 2 June 2006, 3:49 PM  
Thomas is no longer the holder. As Thomas did not attend both the SS weekend down in Palmy, and the CD Champs. Therefore when Jager beat him today it was game over and Jager is now holder. Looks to me like the Neil Shield is heading to elite this weekend. Well done Jager

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 3 June 2006, 1:18 AM  
Surely it defaults to Jourdan, although having said that it should technically go to M18A - but seeing as there were no official grades yesterday I guess it's up to Neil.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 3 June 2006, 1:47 AM  
Thomas beat Simon at NISS after Palmy so Simon J hasn't got it. Thomas didn't turn up to CD champs. So under rule 8 he would lose a point to everyone that turned up to both races. Out of the people that beat him yesterday (Jourdan, Simon and Simon) that is nobody.

Thomas and Lizzie reign supreme.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 3 June 2006, 1:54 AM  
I knew there was an aspect I was missing

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 3 June 2006, 10:57 AM  
wasn't the NISS before Pamly Neil?? So I think Martin is right if his calculations are right.....

Did Thomas beat Jager this morning at Shanks Pony?? Cause he did in the sprint.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 3 June 2006, 11:33 AM  
Sorry not NISS but Auckland Secodary Schools.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 3 June 2006, 12:03 PM  

This message was edited by Ellmo1769 on 3 June 2006, 8:27 PM

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 3 June 2006, 12:49 PM  
Ellmo, whoever you really are. I don't think so.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 3 June 2006, 1:01 PM  

This message was edited by Ellmo1769 on 3 June 2006, 8:26 PM

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz