Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

Next Super Series Event

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 24 April 2006, 3:16 PM  
Pre-entry is required

http://rk.orienteering.org.nz/

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 4 May 2006, 4:22 AM  
At the start of the series Herd Homes Central Magic were described by the NZOF as "Minnows" and destined to make up numbers in the three team super series competition.

For their home races Herd Homes Central Magic were allocated 2 of the 16 races.

This weekend we will race at home. We will win.

We will also win the series they said we would never even contend.

Good day.

This message was edited by Neil K on 4 May 2006, 12:25 PM

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 4 May 2006, 7:59 AM  
Only because you've roped 3 junior girls into being the only Elite women over the whole weekend.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 4 May 2006, 8:34 AM  
Greg, don't use "rope" and "girls" in the same sentence. It just fuels Kerrison's bondage fantasies.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 4 May 2006, 9:50 AM  
Your correct Greg, we are going to win partly because our region has developed our own junior talent. Future development is very important for the clubs in our region. They will be racing this weekend as elites. But then we've done allright in previous races not having any girls at all, so I would conclude our men are superior as well. Take a look at the Nationals middle race.

Show Profile  SJ Posted: 4 May 2006, 1:16 PM  
I noticed when I entered that the Sprint on Day 1 is using Sport Ident, but the OY on Day 2 is not. I don't really think this is up to the standard of the SuperSeries. I can't comment on what the reason is, and it may be perfectly understandable, but I think events of this level should be using Sport Ident. It really lifts the level of the competition, in my opinion.

Show Profile  Bryn Posted: 4 May 2006, 1:19 PM  
i think the reason was Wellington Club dont have enough idents for the OY, they could have just done elites but thats a bit of a mission to just do two couses and rest normal, well thats what i think reason is i could be wrong

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 4 May 2006, 1:50 PM  
Waitangi had SI. Waitangi was awesome. Anyone want to do a Waitangi weekend next year? (Southeners, its a good way to get some $$ to go to nats in auckland)

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 4 May 2006, 1:51 PM  
So whats the point of buying a system that you can't use for the majority of your events? Just to make my position quite clear, I'm not investing.

This message was edited by Neil K on 4 May 2006, 9:52 PM

Show Profile  SJ Posted: 4 May 2006, 1:52 PM  
Surely in that case they could borrow some from another club? And can I also ask that if the club does not have enough equipment for an OY, what is the point of having it at all - ie an OY uses a fraction of that of an A-level event...

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 4 May 2006, 2:36 PM  
Depends on how you set Simon

Show Profile  Nah Posted: 4 May 2006, 4:35 PM  
Nah!

Perhaps its just that some clubs are crap and need to get their act together.

So Nah!

Show Profile  AlanHorn Posted: 5 May 2006, 12:38 AM  
We (woc) werent asked by RKs to provide SportIdent for the OY, only for the Sprint.
As of a month ago we didnt have enough gear for 8 cses for an OY - hence RKs planning probably decided clipcards was easier.

WOC now have 59 control boxes (about enough for an OY) and will get more when we get more funds. Anyone want to give us another $7000 or so?

PS our first OY we ran some courses with clipcards and some with sportident. Logistically speaking it was a bit of a mess - especially at the start (3 minutes gaps werent kept between runners).
Hence I would recommend any event to be only clipcard or only sportident and no mix.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 5 May 2006, 2:32 AM  
How does having a clipcard or sport ident affect the start interval? If you have a starter, they say go, that time is either on their clipcard or in the SI system, so where is the problem??

If you dont have enough equipment for a standard event what is the point of having it at all? or is WOC like most clubs and just need to loosen their asshole

Show Profile  AlanHorn Posted: 5 May 2006, 3:23 AM  
Those using SportIdent didnt have their start time in the computer - we were using start controls. Some of the SI users were reporting to the pre-start (prior to map copying) and getting a time allocated but others were heading straight to map marking and starting when they had finished copying. ie it was lack of control of people movement.

Its rather pointless loosening our assholes if theres nothing in the bowels. I dont know about your club but we dont have mega doallars sitting in a bank. We buying more SportIdent gear when we can.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 5 May 2006, 4:42 AM  
I think the real reason that there is no sport ident, is that Dominic and I have been involved in the planning and they didn't trust us with the equipment.

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz