maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

Super 14 and JWOC

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 10 February 2006, 3:46 AM  
Have nothing in common you might say, but they do now.

Each week, I'll be putting up bets totalling $100 on the Super 14 on my blogsite (houseofhoncho.blogspot.com)

Whatever gets won at the end will be donated to this year's JWOC team, whether it be $20 or $2000.

Why not just give the $1600? Well, there's no fun in that. Anyone who knows my tipping record should expect the departure tax of 3 team members to be donated in a few month's time ...

Show Profile  addison Posted: 10 February 2006, 4:17 AM  
Good on you!

All I can say is goodluck with your bets, hopefully you use all your goodluck on this betting, and lose it all in fantasy rugby!

Chedachur

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 10 February 2006, 6:14 AM  
I think you're onto it with the Cheetahs Rob, fingers crossed for the JWOC team.

Cheifs 60% to make the semis? and Highlanders 20%? Thats crazy stuff.

I reckon to make it more fun you should "re-invest" 50% of your current profit each week, ups the stakes.

This message was edited by Jamie on 10 February 2006, 2:16 PM

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 10 February 2006, 7:46 AM  
Swap the draws Jamie and I'd probably swap the %ages. Tell me o loyal southerner, out of their first 5 games how many will they win?

Crusaders away
Blues home
Cheetahs away
Stormers away
Bulls away

WRT reinvesting profits, yeah I thought of that, but I'll wait and see if I get any first :-)

Show Profile  addison Posted: 11 February 2006, 7:31 AM  
$60 on Cheetahs to beat the Bulls at $2.96
$30 on Hurricanes to beat the Blues at $2.66
$10 on Highlanders to beat the Crusaders at $5.30

Those were Robs Picks. Cheetahs one didnt pull through, but the final score didnt really show how close it was.
Hurricanes won vs Blues. So that one comes back, so that must be like $79.80 by my calculations.

Just waiting to see if the Highlanders can pull it off and make it a profitable round!

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 13 February 2006, 12:35 PM  
So after the first round sounds like the JWOC team owes HeadHoncho $21.20?

Show Profile  Dave Posted: 14 February 2006, 2:16 AM  
Hmmmm I never messing with HeadHoncho and odds .... anyone else remember a certain party in morrinsville at the former flynn residence at which he knew the exceptionally high odds against him then he beat them!!

Dredging up the deep dark past now.

Full credit for the idea for the JWOC team though!!!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 14 February 2006, 3:28 AM  
I remember the hole you made in the wall, with your shoulder

Show Profile  Dave Posted: 14 February 2006, 3:46 AM  
that can't be the most memorable part of the night!!! well i don't remember that bit so well anyway!!

Show Profile  addison Posted: 17 February 2006, 1:14 PM  
This weeks bets by the Honcho

$75 on the Cheetahs to beat the Sharks @ $2.52
$25 on the Brumbies to beat the Bulls @ $2.86

Show Profile  addison Posted: 18 February 2006, 10:39 AM  
So one out of the two games Honcho has bet on has happend and he pulled it out of the bag.

It was a real close game, and the Brumbies were lucky to win in the end after a great try at the end.
$25 x 2.86 = $71.50

To make a profit for the weekend, and a substantial plus account balance after two rounds we need the Cheetahs to bring it home tonight

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 18 February 2006, 10:14 PM  
Lucky to win??? They would have been unlucky to lose, having scored 3 tries to none. The Cheetahs were a bit lucky, but a 1 point win is a win. You can do the maths Simon.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 19 February 2006, 1:35 AM  
2.52 x 75 = $189.00
189 + 71.50 = $260.50
260.50 + 79.80 = $340.30
340.30 - 200.00 = $140.30

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 19 February 2006, 3:13 PM  
Can you please clarify to me how generous you are being, Rob - are you giving all the return (whatever it is even if it is less than $100) or just the profit as Simon and Fraser imply in their posts? When I read your first message I thought it was the earlier seeing you asked why not just give them $1600 implying that you were indeed donating $1600 of your money, as opposed to using $1600 of your money (and of course donating them your skills and time!) In either case it's generous of you. I hope the JWOC team are all training their skills and their fitness like the super 14 players as their side of the deal!

I can see that the only way to possibly make money on a Crusaders game is to bet against them but still my heart can't wish you well on those bets. In all other bets - good luck!

Show Profile  addison Posted: 19 February 2006, 11:51 PM  
You have interpreted myself and Fraser wrong, partly our fault I suspect.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 20 February 2006, 12:54 AM  
Gross profit, not net Jenni. So it's $340 so far. I don't think there will be many occasions where I'll be betting against the Crusaders! Perhaps on one or two of their harder away games but it will depend on the prices.

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz