maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

Waitangi Weekend Results

Show Profile  Sam Mc Posted: 8 February 2006, 6:35 AM  
Awesome event, was good fun, cheers greg and co. for the organisation of it, And simon finally managed to set a big event on a fine day.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 February 2006, 6:55 AM  
Every summer is different, last Jan we had Oceania and the previous year the Southern 6-day. The enjoyment of the Waitangi weekend may have partly resulted from the absence of other events for a while.

However there is nothing on the horizon for Jan until 2009 as a result of the next Oceania (which might have been expected in Australia in Oct 06) being delayed until 2007. As a result the next one in NZ might also be delayed until Jan 2009. So in 2007 and 2008 the door is wide open. A 4-day with a Tuesday Waitangi day would encourage plenty to take the one day off, provided that schools haven't gone back by then (did schools start later this year?)

The NZOF Fixtures Officer might be able to confim what's happening with Oceania. BTW the next Aussie Xmas 5-days is in JWOC terrain 27-31 Dec 06.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 8 February 2006, 7:07 AM  
Michael, I believe the Xmas 5-days is actually in early 2007, due to the APOC in Hong Kong during that period.

Show Profile  Wiseone Posted: 8 February 2006, 9:32 AM  
Good news...

http://www.minedu.govt.nz/index.cfm?layout=document&documentid=3767&indexid=1010#P218_59982007

SECONDARY AND COMPOSITE SCHOOLS
Term 1
Wednesday 7 February To Thursday 5 April

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 8 February 2006, 1:19 PM  
Dear Mr. Stu Barr,

Until you make an orienteering comeback of Dave Stewart proportions, you should keep any comments relating to a posting about an orienteering event to yourself.

Look forward to seeing you at the next major orienteering event that has a commentator and interesting event center.

Yours sincerly,

Greg

Show Profile  SJ Posted: 8 February 2006, 1:51 PM  
To Whom It May Concern

a) Great event. Awesome organisation as far as commentary, music, race formats, event centres, spectator friendliness and all of that goes.

b) The event counts as a Neil Shield race. No doubting it. I'm gonna get my shield back off you Addison.

c) Don't incite Stu or he might just come back and open a can of whoopass on you guys.

Yours Sincerely,
Simon

This message was edited by SJ on 8 February 2006, 9:52 PM

Show Profile  addison Posted: 9 February 2006, 12:00 AM  
Dear Mr. Jager

In respect to your earlier comments, I would like to comment on item "b".

According to Winsplits, we ran a different course. Different course means hardluck.

I must highlight the point that it is not 'your' shield, nor will it be while you have me to contend with.

Your Sincerely,
Simon (the real deal)

This message was edited by Simon Addison on 9 February 2006, 8:01 AM

Show Profile  nick Posted: 9 February 2006, 2:21 AM  
One further observation: competitors coped with the mid-summer heat.

Hmmm....

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 10 February 2006, 1:29 PM  
If i remember right, the next Xmas 5day is in NSW, around orange, and is 2nd-7th jan '07

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 11 February 2006, 6:45 PM  
The only thing WORSE than those MUTANT pacman emoticons is the use of CAPITALS for EMPHASIS!!$#@ Really makes me BARF like a DAWG.

ALSO, seeing that WAITANGI WEEKEND was a great SUCCESS, does anyone have QUALITY PICTURES that they might LIKE to send to mick.finn@paradise.net.nz ?? For use in the next MAGAZINE, possibly even the CENTREFOLD.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 12 February 2006, 12:09 AM  
Someone hook that man up with some zebra shots.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 12 February 2006, 12:00 PM  
It's a family magazine Simon

Show Profile  Scotty Posted: 12 February 2006, 1:06 PM  
Mick , i have some . there on ur email

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 12 February 2006, 1:32 PM  
Pity you can't put the video that Alastair took of the elites on Sunday afternoon before their start in the magazine

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 12 February 2006, 2:06 PM  
Thanks one and all! Much appreciated. Good point re the video too, there's lots of bits of footage floating around from camps and events over the years and it would be cool to digitize it all for a central footage bank. Make promo videos for schools etc
I hadn't realised that Waitangi weekend marked the start of the zebra mating season, but now I know I'm wondering when the hunting season starts

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz