maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

Waitangi Weekend Results

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 6 February 2006, 2:28 PM  
Saturday Day 1
Middle Distance: http://www.obasen.nu/winsplits/online/en/show_event.asp?id=5623

Sunday Day 2
Sprint Distance:
http://www.obasen.nu/winsplits/online/en/show_event.asp?id=5624

Chasing Start:
http://www.obasen.nu/winsplits/online/en/show_event.asp?id=5625

More races to follow. I need more than 4hrs sleep.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 6 February 2006, 2:31 PM  
I'm not sure what happened to the M21E splits for the chasing start... they look wierd on Winsplits! Probably something to do with the butterfly loops.

Did anyone pick up on the naming of the variations? one was "MSS1" the other "MSS 1". Nice one Simon

Show Profile  addison Posted: 7 February 2006, 1:33 AM  
I take full responsibility for the courses looking weird on winsplits.

Thanks for all your hard work on sport ident martin, you did awesome as mate.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 7 February 2006, 3:49 AM  
Thats weird that the females worked normally (i think), but the guys didnt? Perhaps its due to the guys having more controls maybe??

Show Profile  Dave Posted: 7 February 2006, 4:14 AM  
Thanks for an awesome weekend guys!! Everything was so well organised and the racing and courses were great!!

Show Profile  Rob G Posted: 7 February 2006, 6:00 AM  
I couldn't agree more. The organisation, the courses and the atmosphere were a credit to Greg and his team. Also a big thankyou to the Rotorua Club for being so supportive

Show Profile  nick Posted: 7 February 2006, 6:27 AM  
Same here - bloody great job. I saw you guys sweating away behind the scenes and I was mightily impressed with the finished product. I thought the spectator friendly course setting added huge interest and certainly transformed the atmosphere in the event centre, and the race formats were challenging and fun. I hope this isn't a once off!

Show Profile  darren Posted: 7 February 2006, 9:46 AM  
I have to agree too, even though I was to sick to run. Events like this show orienteering can be an exciting spectator sport and that music, commentary, close race formats and event centre locations all add to this.

It also showed that you can get some excellent racing on small maps and that with sportident planners don't have to waste time putting a bunch of controls out in the far corners of the map just to suit the long courses.

Perfect time of year for a great weekend of racing, awesome kick off to the season and prep for the nationals, how can we make it happen every year?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 7 February 2006, 12:58 PM  
Hear hear, I haven't enjoyed an event so much in a long time. In spite of being blown into the ground by a 13-year-old:-))

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 7 February 2006, 1:45 PM  
Make Waitangi day fall on a weekday (monday or friday) every year??

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 7 February 2006, 2:46 PM  
The standard has been set... will Nationals be another interesting showcase of NZ orienteering at its best?

Next year Waitangi is on a tuesday There's still Queen's bday and Labour weekend though.

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 7 February 2006, 3:02 PM  
dear Martin,

please refrain from spoiling a good conversation with emoticons. they turn what is otherwise a civilised forum into a mere chatroom.

yours sincerely
stu barr

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 7 February 2006, 3:52 PM  
All the splits are up on winsplits, and will be posted onthe Macnut Northerners website shortly.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 7 February 2006, 3:59 PM  
Dear Mr S. Barr,
Please refer to the topic of this forum, and start your own to have a cry.

Regards

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 8 February 2006, 2:20 AM  
the loop race splits dont seem to work.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 8 February 2006, 3:06 AM  
So because on winsplits I did a different course than everyone else, I take it it doesnt count as a Neil Shield event?? heheheheheeeee

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz