maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Jenni wins World Ranking Event...

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 31 January 2006, 9:48 PM  
http://www.camadeira.com/wre/listagens/lista_resultados_dia1.html

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 9 April 2006, 9:59 AM  
Jenni: 13th in British Champs. Bill: 1st M35. http://www.cix.co.uk/~neper/boc06/index.htm

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 9 April 2006, 5:03 PM  
Hmm this is nothing to be proud of I had a bad cold and
was a bit slow. My 50 somethingth in Spring Cup was actually a much
better run (where I bet many of the Brits who beat me the following
weekend and was a minute behind Heather instead of 18!) And according to what people said could have been 20 places better if I'd started two hours later and could have run in tracks in the snow instead of making them! Although the snow has almost gone in Sweden we're playing it safe and heading to Bordeaux for Easter where Al Landels will also be running. Right now I'm the US down near New Orleans so I fear that Bordeaux is going to feel cold after this. And I'm not sure what my body will think of running races the day after flying back and switching 7 hours time difference after only having changed the other way a week earlier. But you have to pack as much as you can into life! But I didn't go so ambitious as to try and fly home to NZ and run nationals (although from here the time difference is less but apart from the big trip back to Europe again I'd miss my baby girl too much) but the areas look really good and I look forward to running on them some time. Good luck for that everyone!

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 9 April 2006, 7:19 PM  
...that seemed like a veeerrrry long sentence at the end there Jenni.

Just in case that anyone gets the misconception that it really is snow free in Sweden, I still have 20-30cm in my backyard and that'll probably take another week or two to disappear. Then also ran a couple of training races in the last few days where I went into the snow up to mid-thigh now and then. Roll on Bordeaux!

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 10 April 2006, 4:58 AM  
A pretty good run by Piret in an Estonian WRE over the weekend too, just 6 or so minutes off...

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 11 April 2006, 1:37 PM  
Ignore Alistair, he is living way up in the north with the polar bears. ;-)

Down here in Stockholm the snow has disappeared. Hopefully my speed will increase now that I'm no longer wading in knee deep snow everywhere.

Oh and well done in Denmark Jenni.

Greig

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz