maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

D-Squad Camp

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 28 November 2005, 8:32 AM  
Is there a camp this summer?

Just wondering, I offered to organise one a while back but it was under control...is it?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 28 November 2005, 8:39 AM  
Week heading into Waitangi Weekend I believe.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 28 November 2005, 10:59 AM  
Jamie your too old.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 15 December 2005, 8:33 AM  
Invitation

The summer holiday D Squad and advanced junior orienteering camp.

From the evening of Jan 28th to Febuary 6th.

The camp will start in the South Waikato Area (Pureora Forest Park camp site to be confirmed). With the first training day on Sunday the 29th. Several people are flying in to Auckland on Saturday afternoon and will be picked up and taken to the camp Saturday night, where hopefully most people will join us then. So we can arrange to get you either to the camp via Auckland, Hamilton or Taupo. The second half of the camp will be situated in Rotorua at the Rotorua thermal holiday park. The Waitangi Weekend races/superseries/ and JWOC trails on Sat/Sun and Monday will be the completion of the camp (http://www.geocities.com/macnutnortherners/waitangi.htm ) . So prices include the transport and accommodation for this weekend of races.

During the camp we will be doing some challenging technical exercises, some fun relays, night orienteering, technical discussions and coaching in the evening. Friday before Waitangi weekend we will have a day off physical training and do some fun stuff. It will be summertime so lots of swimming and frolocking about will take place around the orienteering training. We are hoping for about 30 to 40 people so this will be a camp not to miss!

During the camp we expect to treat you to rarely seen maps such as Pio Pio (Rocks re. JWOC 07 Nationals 06?, Tomos re JWOC 06, Nationals 06?), 199 Gullys (one of my favourites), Wharepapa (Rocks), Thomas Hills Rotorua (Similar to Waitangi Weekend races and trials) and Arimiro (good keen gully spur re Australia and New Zealand, Nationals 06?). Three maps that have been used for Nationals championships races in the past! Quality Quality Quality.

The cost for the 10 days is estimated at $150 for D Squad members and $200 for non Squaddies plus the Waitangi Weekend entry fees (which you must enter yourself). There will also be a travel subsidy for squad members travelling large distances.

If you aren’t a squad member but are a keen orienteer looking to learn, please do not hesitate to talk to me 021449115 to discuss whether the camp is for you.

We shall be lining up the best elite coaches and already have a high class Auckland Chef arranged!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions. Otherwise let me know whether you’re keen with a YES Definatly, or MAYBE (why?) by Wednesday 21st December.

Kind regards.
Neil Kerrison

This message was edited by Neil K on 15 December 2005, 3:34 PM

Show Profile  addison Posted: 16 December 2005, 2:43 AM  
It must be pointed out that these maps are still to be confirmed, but the camp is definetly looking good.

We could also arrange transport if you flew to Rotorua, if we know in advance what your plans are.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 19 December 2005, 7:14 AM  
Rules for the first junior Superseries are on the SS website www.mapsport.co.nz/ss/ss.html. The JWOC squad has been named on the NZOF website. For both of these Waitangi Weekend is important, see separate thread.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz