maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Corrected Ranking list

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 27 November 2005, 2:30 AM  
The corrected ranking list has been posted and makes a lot more sense. Look for drastic changes to come after the area champs results though.

Show Profile  Bryan Posted: 13 December 2005, 6:57 AM  
New ranking list created for all of 2005. Area champs results posted. Fastest kilometre rate for AOA short champs based on amended course distances was only 4.99 min/km.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 December 2005, 5:43 PM  
That wouldn't be the only event with a dud length. The NZ Champs Relays Leg 1 1998 has produced an unlikely number of the top mens k-rates. Where was this event, can't remember now...

BTW Bryan, why do the womens results contain some non-kiwi women in non-kiwi events?

Show Profile  darren Posted: 13 December 2005, 10:46 PM  
1998 Relays were at Mt Ross, on the fast easy section, I'll try and dig up the old map and get my ruler out to check.

Show Profile  Bryan Posted: 13 December 2005, 10:52 PM  
The women's results contain some non-kiwi women in non-kiwi events because I have included all the WOC results (and some I have been able to find distances for). My long term goal is to include major events from around the world (eg Australian champs including state champs, WOC, APOC, WMOC). I haven't yet got around to weeding these out from the NZ version of the site in the 100 best rankings calculation.

The 1998 Relays were held on Judges Rock in Middlemarch - which I can remember to be an almost flat, very dry, very fast area. Previous results in the same area have yielded very fast km rates. If someone can dig up proof that the distances are bogus then I will amend them otherwise I can only go with what was published.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 13 December 2005, 11:37 PM  
I've only looked at this a few times so each time I'm amazed by it. It's an amazing store of statistics!

By the way how does it work in the results lists - I understand in the rankings you have to do acertain number of events but I would have thought all NZ competitors shouild be listed in the results of a
particular event? But is it just ranked runners? I wondered because I was wondering what points I got at the Oceania champs in W35 but I wasn't in the results. And neither was Carey who I seem to remember was second (just checked results and that's right, it has Carey as 2nd on the results linked from NZorienteering.com) and Jeanine was down as winning even though she was actually 3rd. This is, of course, vitally important seeing W35 is such a riveting grade...

Greetings all from Stockholm!

Show Profile  Bryan Posted: 14 December 2005, 1:17 AM  
I checked and found out that some ANZ challenge competitors competing outside their normal grade (eg Jenni ran W21E for other events but W35 in ANZ Challenge, Carey ran mostly W45 but W35 in ANZ Challenge) were not included in the results for the day but only in a separate listing for ANZ challenge results - curses! I wish organisers would produce standard results which would make my life easier - each event takes from 30mins to 1hr to process and load into the database. I will have to include their results at a later date.
However, both Jenni and Carey will still not be ranked in W35 as they require at least 2 ranking events in the same class to be ranked over the ranking period. (elites require 4 events).

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 14 December 2005, 1:49 PM  
I am happy to withdraw and apologise. You couldn't pick a faster area in NZ than Mt Ross and those k-rates may well be correct.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 15 December 2005, 9:23 AM  
There should be some more corrections when Bryan gets time, I understand a different spelling of someones name has made the rankings incorrect for some races

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 15 December 2005, 3:08 PM  
Mt Ross is definately one of the fastest maps around NZ. And for this reason one of my favorites!
Here are some of the previous years OY results for the long couses. In these cases the lenghts may not be totally accurate but if you look at the general range of km rates you find that they all hover around the 5 minute mark.
I think it is totally possible for the first leg runners (especially in the nationals relay) to have done the specified (on the ranking lists) km rates

Mt Ross OY 2004
Ultra Long Red (approx 13km from memory!)
1 Jim Cotter 1.09.15 DOC
2 Rachel Smith 1.13.30 PAPO
3 Matt Scott 1.15.19 DOC
4 Tane Cambridge 1.19.36 DOC
5 Penny Kane 1.22.53 PAPO

Mt Ross OY 2003
Long Red – 8.1km
1 Aaron Prince 39.39
2 Chris Forne 41.22
3 Matt Scott 44.24
Super Long Red – 17.1km
1 Chris Forne 87.56
2 Matt Scott 94.26

MT ROSS - Sunday 3 March 2002
Course 1 - 11.9km
1 Prince Aaron 65.26
2 Markham Jason 69.15
3 Oksvold Ove 74.39
4 Forne Chris 79.28
5 Smith Rachel 88.03
6 Scott Matt 89.42

these results are also on the DOC website

Show Profile  Bryan Posted: 19 December 2005, 1:01 AM  
I've added missing results from the ANZ challenge, Oceania Champs Day 4 - Jenni you are now number 1.

I've fixed the kilometre rates so that only events in New Zealand are included. (The international version of the site will show all).

I've amended the rankings again and fixed rankings where Karl's name was mispelt by organisers. I've also fixed another small bug found while investigating Greg's request for a check - I've had to regenerate rankings from the beginning of the year. I welcome any queries about the results database and will correct any errors.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz