maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

New Competition: The Neil Shield and Rayney Trophy

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 27 October 2005, 2:02 AM  
You should be going to journalism school with Fraser, I'm sure they will teach you to research your facts first.

Tineke is from the mighty Hamilton Orienteering Club, not Rotorua

Show Profile  Marquita G Posted: 27 October 2005, 5:09 AM  
That picture of Anna Kournikova seems to have disappeared from Neil's room. Perhaps that's going to be the trophy?

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 27 October 2005, 10:27 AM  
or do engineering. you'll be taught how to state that: Tineke is from Hamilton Orienteering Club [1], not Rotorua [2].

References:
1. Flynn, G. (2005). "New Competition: The Neil Shield and Rayney Trophy". Retrieved October 27, 2005 from http://maptalk.co.nz/forum/topic.cfm?t=686&f=1&page=2

2. Kerrison, N. (2005). "New Competition: The Neil Shield and Rayney Trophy". Retrieved October 27, 2005 from http://maptalk.co.nz/forum/topic.cfm?t=686&f=1&page=1

Yay for "professional development"! exam tomorrow, 15% is referencing!

Do both days of the Welly champs and SI champs count? Could we see the shield changing hands at each event I wonder?

This message was edited by Martin on 27 October 2005, 6:31 PM

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 27 October 2005, 11:41 AM  
Wouldn't someone have to beat Simon at Wellington champs on both days to take the shield - unlikely but maybe at SI champs. Has Simon asked permission to run Elites in the middle and has he issued a press release?? If not then what. And does rule 9 mean that at SI champs if Simon does not attend then the winner of the shield will need to be running M16A as that is Simon's grade or is it the grade in which it was won or does this need further clarification??

This message was edited by Ellmo1769 on 27 October 2005, 7:44 PM

Show Profile  addison Posted: 27 October 2005, 12:24 PM  
Wouldn't that be wrong Martin. As you have stated it you are saying that Neil is saying she is not from Rotorua. It was my belief he was saying that she was from Rotorua. To do correct referencing, you have to begin by making the correct statement to reference.

Goodluck in your exam, at that rate you may just need it.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 27 October 2005, 1:02 PM  
it's a picky subject, just like this. it does make sense. was saying that "rotorua" was stated, not "not rotorua". that'll do.

simon's last race was m18, so that's probably what you have to run to get it next.

This message was edited by Martin on 27 October 2005, 9:07 PM

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 27 October 2005, 5:57 PM  
Exactly further clarification is needed as that is not obvious in the rules and that is presuming he doesn't lose the shield at WOA champs.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 27 October 2005, 11:12 PM  
"That picture of Anna Kournikova seems to have disappeared from Neil's room. Perhaps that's going to be the trophy?"

Sorry Neil. I'll return it soon.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 28 October 2005, 12:51 AM  
Were you lucky enough to see your exam paper before you sat it? Ohh wait that would be cheating.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 29 October 2005, 4:39 AM  
Yeah, but Rob, will Neil still want it when you're finished with it?

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 29 October 2005, 11:36 AM  
Probably not.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 31 October 2005, 11:20 PM  
Current shield holder Simon Jager has informed he will be running Elites at Wellington Champs for the second day and 18A on Saturday. Good luck to the challengers, but I think Simon could hold on to it for a long time. http://www.homepages.paradise.net.nz/ingham/WOAStart.pdf

Challengers will be coming from:
Aiden Ellmers AOC
Alistair Long CMOC
Ciaran Murphy CMOC
Daniel Edmonds WOC
Erik Andersson HBOC
Jack Vincent HBOC
James Watson HBOC
Scott McDonald HBOC
Ross Morrison HBOC

Allthough woman’s Trophy winner Tineke Berthelsen from the Hamilton and Fruits Orienteering Club (HFOC) will not be competing due to exams, the W18A grade compiled for this weekends Wellington Champs is a strong one. With Lizzie Ingham running elite, the battle for W18A supremacy will be a strong one between JWOC racer Tessa Ramsden, Australian trip star Kate Rea, the speedy Kirsty Turner and the experienced but old and injured Amber Morrison.

To clarify, rule 9. If Simon were to lose the shield through not turning up to South Island champs and another A grade event, the shield would go to someone in the M16A grade regardless of which age he won it in.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 1 November 2005, 1:58 AM  
From that whacko tv program from last year think it was called "bonzai" or something.

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW! (in an high pitched asian voice)

Show Profile  addison Posted: 1 November 2005, 1:59 AM  
My money is on Simon. However, there is a chance it could be snapped up.

Girls, money is on Lizzie

Show Profile  addison Posted: 1 November 2005, 2:01 AM  
Neil can you please clarify a situation to me.

What happens if Simon wins the day on the Saturday, yet loses on Sunday. Then he does not go to the SI Champs? That would mean he would theoretically be beaten in two races in a row would he not? Explain the rules with respect to that scenario

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz