maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Aus Champs 2006

Show Profile  addison Posted: 7 October 2005, 4:05 AM  
The Aus Champs in 2006 are in WA. Was just wondering if anyone knew if this event is going to incorporate the "Oceania Champs" as it must surely be Australias turn to host it in 2006?

Show Profile  mjd Posted: 7 October 2005, 4:58 AM  
looks like it's every two years... Canberra, Oct 2007

http://orienteering.asn.au/upload/group/20orienteering/8_NationalFixtureDraft07-10.pdf

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 7 October 2005, 5:00 AM  
Thought it was going to be an 18 month rotation so it could be summer here and winter there? Now I'm all confused...

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 7 October 2005, 5:27 AM  
i was expecting an ANZ/oceania in WA next year..

looks like 2006 got skipped, aus is holding one in 2007 and NZ's next is in 2009

Show Profile  Kate Posted: 8 October 2005, 4:50 AM  
Aus is sending another schools team to nz in 2007, or so i heard. if this is true, would it be logical to have an ANZ challenge in NZ at the same time?

Show Profile  blairtrewin Posted: 8 October 2005, 11:12 AM  
The decision not to hold the Oceania Champs in WA in 2006 was made on the basis of NZ supposedly not being keen on going to WA, but I'm not sure whether NZOF told OA that they didn't want to go to WA or whether OA decided on their own that NZ wouldn't want to go to WA. In terms of fitting in with the IOF regional championship structure, it probably makes more sense to hold Oceania every two years anyway.

As I understand it the mooted Schools Test in 2007 would be in conjunction with the Oceania Champs in Australia.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz