maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Super Series

Show Profile  addison Posted: 20 August 2005, 1:43 PM  
Was just wondering what events are going to be in the next Super Series, and when these are going to be announced? Would be nice to know sooner rather than later.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 20 August 2005, 5:29 PM  
Whats the feeling of an ideal composition for a super series weekend?

How about a middle and a sprint on the Saturday, then a long on the sunday? Are clubs currently running two long events going to be approached?

I would be happy to organise a sprint event for the South Island Champs

Show Profile  addison Posted: 21 August 2005, 2:59 AM  
Thats an awesome idea Jamie!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 23 August 2005, 6:12 AM  
I've sent a draft for comment to NOS members, and to some others on an "interested in superseries" list. Anyone else interested let me know. There will be a junior section based on the events after New Year but I don't want to discuss that until the senior schedule is set.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 29 September 2005, 6:46 PM  
The Superseries website has been updated for the 2006 series. Including the athletes gallery. If I've got any of that wrong or unbalanced (I make most of it up!) let me know. Some of the photos are not the best, if that's you, send me a better one:-))

www.mapsport.co.nz/ss/ss.html

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 18 October 2005, 7:41 AM  
Prospects for Round 1 of the 2006 Superseries have been posted on the SS website, along with changes to the rules. These mainly relate to scoring for the team competition, which is now top 6 of either gender, and uses a separate and flatter points scale from the individual scale. Though nothing to do with the changes, the team competition for Round 1 looks remarkably even.

Show Profile  mjd Posted: 18 October 2005, 8:33 AM  
Michael, thanks for putting me in the prospects - ha. unfortunately i have turned my ankle and hurt my foot again, on sunday at a mtbo event of all things!
michael

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 22 October 2005, 2:10 PM  
First-event Superseries results have been posted. Would have been a most interesting team situation had Rob J completed his transfer to Southerly Storm in time: Herd Homes Magic 57, MacNut 56, Storm 56.

Show Profile  PaulS Posted: 23 October 2005, 3:00 PM  

This message was edited by PaulS on 23 October 2005, 10:03 PM

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 23 October 2005, 4:36 PM  
Second-event Superseries results have been posted. Herd Magic continues to impress and after top-scoring today lies just three points behind MacNut. www.mapsport.co.nz/ss/ss.html

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 24 October 2005, 3:46 PM  
Third-event Superseries results have been posted. MacNut had the best of the Auckland Botanic Gardens and moves further ahead of Herd Magic, but we can expect Bivouac to whip up a storm at the SI Champs in four weeks.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 24 October 2005, 3:58 PM  
Can someone who has seen the map/course before running still be offical? Also does the Super Series Manager have the power to disqualify someone to maintain the integrity of the Series in a case where that has occured?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 25 October 2005, 2:07 AM  
Any problems to do with the events will be handled by the normal complaint-protest procedure of the NZOF Competition Rules. End of quote. (As usual) see the event website.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 25 October 2005, 3:08 PM  
Ordinary entries for the SI Champs closed on 21 Oct and a list of starters is now on the SS website. There are a few entries missing I would have thought...

The sole international entry for Round 1 unfortunately only hobbled the sprint due to an ankle injury - Michael Derlacki from ACT. There's an international entry for Round 2 as well - Nicholas Mulder from South Africa. Those of you at JWOC in Belgium may remember him.

This message was edited by Michael on 25 October 2005, 10:35 PM

Show Profile  Brenda Boghopper Posted: 28 October 2005, 5:53 PM  
So... the results of the AOA Champs are on the AUCKLAND OC website, why didn't I think to look there? Obviously some great performances especially on the last day, with Karl setting a new k-rate record of 3.3, wish I'd been there to see him leaping fences at a single bound! Tania, sorry you'll just have to do better to beat Jennifer Trinick's 2.6 set at the QB Middle earlier in the year. These CMOC planners certainly know how to set a fast course.

Show Profile  PaulS Posted: 29 October 2005, 3:43 AM  
Simon Jager did 3.27min kms in the sprint.

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz