maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

O-Ringen

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 18 July 2005, 10:06 AM  
Results for the first day of O-Ringen are up

http://www.oringen.com/t25.asp?p=109866

Looks like most of the New Zealanders didn't make it to the start.

Show Profile  James Posted: 18 July 2005, 1:31 PM  
84 Tim Renton Auckland OC 86:18 26:57 B 47 ?????
didnt know tim was over there! isnt that boy too old for H20L??
what the hell???

Show Profile  James Posted: 18 July 2005, 1:35 PM  
dont worry bout this blonde!! somehow managed to get results from 2004

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 18 July 2005, 10:22 PM  
Today 6 out of the 7 NZers made it to the start and now hopefully Ross has made it to the camping area!

Yeserday there was 3 of us! (I guess that dos mean most didn't make it but only just!) We were all pretty satisfied with solid performances (me in 21E, Greig Hamilton H21AK2 and Gerald Crawford H40K) although we all had mistakes totalling around 5 minutes but that's kind of an average day in Sweden.

Last night Tane, Martin and Simon arrived quite late and stayed in our apartment and had their first Swedish experiences in H20L today. Martin did really well going really carefully with only small misses. Tane had a bad start but was Ok after that and Simon wasn't quite sure what happened on the way to 7. Greig had another solidish run, Gerald wants to forget today and I had one of my best runs ever. Definitely my best for running completely on my own in any case, with only a handful of 30 second bendy routes and stop-and-checks.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 19 July 2005, 5:24 PM  
Sweden is awesome (and wet... rainy... & much colder than switzerland!)

Can't wait for the next 3 races - took the first really slowly and tried not to make any mistakes and keep in contact the whole time. almost worked and gained heaps of confidence i think

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 22 July 2005, 12:58 AM  
Simon wins 4th day in H20L! http://oringen2005.jkp.invid.se/resultat/klass/e4/klass_119.html

Must be (maybe?) the first time a NZer has won a day at ORingen...

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 22 July 2005, 1:00 AM  
Simon wins 4th day in H20L! http://oringen2005.jkp.invid.se/resultat/klass/e4/klass_119.html

Must be (maybe?) the first time a NZer has won a day at ORingen...

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 22 July 2005, 3:33 AM  
Marquita won a day a couple of years ago and I believe Matt Backler won a day as well (not too sure)

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 22 July 2005, 6:05 AM  
Marquita won overall as well (2nd, 1st, 4th, 2nd, 2nd). Looks like she slipped up pretty badly on the 3rd day.
Well done Simon!

Show Profile  addison Posted: 22 July 2005, 6:38 PM  
Martin won today (i think). Awesome ehh. Terrain was a bit more like the second day (our first day) where Martin did really well. The last two days have been a bit more hilly especially the third day.

But the clear favourite Martin Puuseep didnt start and we started at the end of the chasing start.

Yesterday Ross wasnt feeling to good and was trying to bag splits. He succeded. I hope I bagged lots today as well. Ross had a big mistake in H20e, but still had a good km rate.

Show Profile  Bryn Posted: 24 July 2005, 12:09 PM  
I just heard from a source in Estonia that Simon let a Danish guy run for him instead and that’s why he won, Simon do you have anything to say on the matter??

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 26 July 2005, 1:25 PM  
photos of the four of us on http://www.photomotion.se/index.asp?lang=3

210 Ross Morrison
5727 Simon Addison
5729 Martin Peat
5736 Tane Cambridge

Route choices on RunOway

Show Profile  PaulS Posted: 26 July 2005, 1:56 PM  
That's not Simon is it?

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 28 July 2005, 2:02 PM  
Have you seen that the picture of Ross flying over the bridge is one th ones that flicks by on the frontpage of photomotion (if you pick the Sedish language choice then oringen is the top item with bigger flashing pictures) I would have to say despite the osuit rather then due to the osuit.

Also the photos of Tue Larsen #5727 winning on day 4 are bit of a giveaway, Simon! Carsten says Tue has won stages of oringen before as he won H11 or something once.

It's also a little bit hard to compare various performances if you don't run the top grade in your age group - I got 2nd a few years ago in D21L one day but I'm much more satisfied with a 10th in D21E one of the days this year and just not being at the bottom if I was running in D21Superelite would probably be better than that.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 29 July 2005, 1:00 PM  
Yeah Tue is the man. He was begging me to run for me, and I had a sore back so he ran. And boyo did he run.

It was a bit of a shame that we missed the first day of oringen, took the shine off it a bit. By missing day one we straight away were not part of the "real" chasing start, so people like ross (day 4) and myself (day 5) just sprint legs to get splits bagged 7 on the last day!

Ross's o-suit looks mint. Wait till the next big event everyone and you will see a stampede.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz