maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

World Cup

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 2 May 2005, 12:36 AM  
Did anyone know Jenni was running?
Results from Long yesterday, didn't see her name in the sprint.

1 Simone Niggli SUI 1:13:15
2 Vroni König Salmi SUI 1:16:13
3 Emma Engstrand SWE 1:16:28

47 Jenni Adams NZL 1:44:45

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 2 May 2005, 12:39 AM  
And Bill Edwards!!

1 Jani Lakanen FIN 1:32:07
2 Mats Haldin FIN 1:33:05
3 Andrei Khramov RUS 1:33:05

48 Bill Edwards IRL 1:49:59

Show Profile  Melissa Posted: 2 May 2005, 1:36 AM  
I'm going down to watch the sprint final tomorrow, didn't get to the other 2 days due to work.

Show Profile  The Clem Posted: 2 May 2005, 3:00 AM  
Jenni was also looking to run the Middle on Tuesday

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 2 May 2005, 7:17 AM  
Thats a pretty handy result from Bill...

How far was he behind Chris in the nationals classic?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 3 May 2005, 12:50 AM  
Sprint Final
1 Hubmann Daniel SUI 14:15
2 Brickhill-Jones David AUS 14:33
3 Kvaal Østerbø Øystein NOR 14:40

Well he must be doing something right!!

(note the combined age of these 3 just ticks over 60)

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 3 May 2005, 4:01 PM  
Jenni 45th out of 64 in the middle, Bill 56th out of 84.

One or two good pics there, one of Jenni in some beautiful woodland in the long, and I liked the sprint ones with locals obliviously drinking coffee and queuing up for cold drinks.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 4 May 2005, 7:21 PM  
Melissa we missed you - we were at the sprint final and screamed at BJ so you must have heard us? We looked out for you...

It was fun. I was annoyed that I made some mistakes as my deal with myself was that I could run as slow as I liked but I wasn't allowed to make mistakes but I got a bit excited in each of the races and made a 4 min mistake on one control in the long and a 2 or 3 + a couple of smaller ones in the middle. The middle was quite tricky and the long was long (12.4 with 475m climb and pretty hot). It was a bit annoying as without the mistakes I would have got world cup points in both cases but that's orienteering, of course. Quite encouraging that I'm getting closer to my old fitnes but still not where I want to be yet. Hopefully when I get a bit more iron that will help (Kaia seems to have pinched so much of my iron that I'm low again). I'm also going to run the Nordics which will be a completely different challenge and I don't expect I'll beat many Scandinavaians (even though I beat one Swede yesterday!)

Amber's foot is still not pain free so she's not running any events just at the moment.

Greg, I decided that the sprint was a bit too much hassle organizing Kaia 4 days in a row and not enough kms for the 35 pound entry fee!

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz