maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Japan Training Camp Selections revisited

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 1 December 2004, 3:03 AM  
Given the recent results in Aussie and at home I'm looking forward to an apology from Neil and Greg about the sh*t they stirred over who was selected for the Japan training camp (men).

A box of choccies (not ciggies) will suffice.

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 1 December 2004, 3:32 AM  
Of course they are doing better they have done nothing but training and orienteering over the last month or two

Where as poor old Neil and Greg have had to slave away at home to put a crust on the table.

Not to mention they are all peaking way to early.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 1 December 2004, 4:24 AM  
I suggest you read my email Rob C. I said that I agreed with who you selected but NOT with the process. I still disagree but knowing who the secret contributor was helps me understand your stupid opinion.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 1 December 2004, 4:41 AM  
Also Rob C it appears the selectors (The ones you appointed) view the recent results differently to you. www.nzorienteering.com "pinestars team". I don't see Rob J or Mark L (whom you selected for Japan).

Free trip to Japan (Not Waiuku) will suffice.

This message was edited by Neil K on 1 December 2004, 12:44 PM

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 1 December 2004, 4:44 AM  
Good on you Neil, must be that Monday night massage speeding up your legs.

Don't set yourself up for a fall though.

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 1 December 2004, 5:36 AM  
Cause falling hurts, bad, real bad.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 1 December 2004, 8:45 AM  
Apology for what, for those who were selected peaking when they were ment to? Plus I still think that recent results don't line up with either selection for Japan or ANZ/Pinestars

Show Profile  addison Posted: 1 December 2004, 10:00 AM  
Whens JWOC Interim and trial dates being named?

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 1 December 2004, 1:12 PM  
Wouldve made sense to name Pinestars, ANZ, Schools team and JWOC interim squad all at the same time - today.

Quite important to find out soon, seen as we dont know if there are going to be trials at all, and if there are, some hopefuls arent entered in M/W20 for Oceania

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 1 December 2004, 1:45 PM  
What has recent results got to do with Japan anyway Rob, you were ment to be selecting the people that are going to get the best results in Japan next year not now.

On that note if the people that went to Japan are ment to be the best people to get a result next year wouldn't it be wise to give them a break from peaking?? You've asked them to peak for Oz and now ANZ and then most will probably want to peak for Nationals and then Trials and then Japan, doesn't leave much room for a break and a program of base etc. Did anyoe think about taking a leaf out of the All Blacks book?

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 1 December 2004, 3:20 PM  
My apologies Greg, of course selections should be made on the basis of untapped and unfulfilled (and perhaps never to be filled) potential, not proven performance.

Neil - it wasn't your email but a comment on Maptalk (it's since disappeared), no matter. I didn't choose who went to Japan, a group of 5 people did - I don't choose the selectors either, people are nominated and there has never been a situation in the last 5 years where WE (NZOF Council, not I) have had to make a decision.

Were Mark L and Rob J available for the "pinestars" team or were they asked/convinced to run M35 in the ANZ Challenge being held at the same time? Have you been selected ahead of them on merit?

I really don't care what you think about my opinions, and the fact that I contributed money has nothing to do with how much a say I had or should have in the selection of people who went to Japan. That idiotic thought ranks right up there with the rumour that Karl got selected because Rob C is his coach. Anyone want to own up starting that off?

Show Profile  darren Posted: 1 December 2004, 11:32 PM  
Mark L is obviously better than Neil, he cleaned him up in the Summer series last night, has won 3 out of 4 races and is leading the series.
Remember every race is a trial!!!!!!!!

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 2 December 2004, 12:41 AM  
Good call Darren - that is the reality of New Zealand orienteering!

Probably add how you conduct yourself around orienteering events and the wider orienteering community for overall impression...

Rob C mate, settle down big fella and stop making gossip up, look forward to getting you drunk and then giving you a hiding on Gardens pool table sometime this summer.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 2 December 2004, 1:02 AM  
Not making gossip up Jamie, someone said it and eventually got back to me. Pity they don't have the guts to say it to my face.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 2 December 2004, 1:42 AM  
I'll say it to your face bitch!

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 2 December 2004, 4:54 AM  
Ok lets clear a few things up. Nobody thinks Karls selection had anything to do with Rob C being his coach. If that was the logic than my selection would be because I do Marquita's dishes. If Rob C wanted to pay money to have a say in who went then he would have just given the money to that person.

The ANZ team is a different team to the Pinestars team. It is on different days aswell.

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz