maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Queens Birtday 3 Day

Show Profile  Rob G Posted: 28 May 2004, 12:47 PM  
Programme and fields are on the website http://auckoc.tripod.com 30 in mens elite and 18 in womens elite -things are looking up

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 5 June 2004, 10:36 AM  
Hey I'm getting used to results that are posted two hours after everyone is finished....!

I hope the first day was fun and I look forward to seeing the results when they're ready.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 5 June 2004, 11:40 AM  
dont hold your breath waiting for them to be published

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 5 June 2004, 3:41 PM  
The first day of the Aust-NZ test match on steep sand-dune farmland near Waiuku was finely balanced with New Zealand dominating the men (Chris Forne fastest) and Australia dominating the women, 18-year-old Hanny Allston setting the pace.

In fact that's all that the teams know at this point because a series of cold fronts moving over the country dumped rain over the event, and the computer, which had already suffered a similar fate last weekend, sucuumbed to the conditions. We don't know what secondary system was in operation but no results were available before everyone dashed off for warmth and shelter.

In the superseries of course nothing was going to change the position of Carsten Jorgensen and Chris Forne at the top of the table, but Neil Kerrison out-performed his Taranaki club-mate Karl Dravitzki to strengthen his hold on third. The top Aussie women however have pushed down the points gained by the kiwis and Marquita Gelderman has not yet reached the absent Rachel Smith's total which she is chasing. So she has to make a respectable place tomorrrow to take the series.

The 2004 superseries finishes with tomorrow's race, while the Aust-NZ test match continues until Monday. Both races are in Woodhill Forest.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 6 June 2004, 8:39 AM  
Day 2:
W21E 1 Tania, 2 Marquita, 3 Amber, 4 Hanny
M21E 1 Robbie P, 2 Darren, cant remember the others

in the test match NZ lead by 30pts after day 2. day 1 went to the kiwis by 2 points, 37 to australia's 35.

no doubt someone with a better memory will fill the rest in

This message was edited by Martin on 6 June 2004, 7:43 PM

Show Profile  addison Posted: 6 June 2004, 9:01 AM  
http://auckoc.tripod.com/qb04d1esults.html

Day 1 Provisional Results.

I hear Martin beat Karl. I also wonder where Brent is this weekend? I know for a fact he was on his way up to Auckland. A very good Wednesday night it was of what I can remember for both of us aye Brent.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 6 June 2004, 9:41 AM  
Day 2
Robbie P 38, Darren +5 seconds, Mark L 39, Bill E, Rob J 40, James Bradshaw, Chris 41.26, Neil and Ian Meyer 41.32,......Martin 42 Greg 42....All the Aussies.....44

Close racing.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 6 June 2004, 9:46 AM  
Karl 42.3/4 behind Martin and Greg

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 6 June 2004, 9:49 AM  
Brent and Stu = NO SHOW so much for 'The Year of the Brent!'

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 June 2004, 3:36 PM  
Marquita Gelderman passed Rachel Smiths total by 10 points today in the final of the 2004 Superseries. Smith had enough points for second and the also absent Jenni Adams for third. Tania Robinson leap-frogged both Rebecca Smith and Claire Paterson for fourth.

Carsten Jorgensen and Chris Forne were secure at the top of the mens table, but Neil Kerrison was under threat for third. Although the threat seemed to be from Egmont clubmate Karl Dravitzki, Mark Lawson has had a great weekend and got within two points of Kerrison!

The team order on both days was MacNut Northeners, Central Raiders, Bivouac Southerly Storm, but Storm had such a massive lead from earlier in the series that it won by well over 100 points. With three of its star athletes overseas, the next season could be markedly different! The Superseries website with full points table will be updated on Tuesday.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 6 June 2004, 10:51 PM  
Thanks for the results everyone and have fun tomorrow (or today for you!)

Show Profile  Chris Forne Posted: 8 June 2004, 4:32 AM  
What's happened to greg?

Seem's like he finished a classic race.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 9 June 2004, 5:03 AM  
Next thing he'll be reading Jenni's posts all the way through!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 10 June 2004, 1:43 PM  
Don't get carried away

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz