maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

Nationals

Show Profile  darren Posted: 5 April 2004, 10:45 AM  
Are the Nationals still on this weekend????
Does anyone know where to find start times and other info??

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 5 April 2004, 1:21 PM  
Yes.

Yes.

Show Profile  Marquita G Posted: 5 April 2004, 2:24 PM  
Always a mine of information is Neil.....

Show Profile  mark Posted: 6 April 2004, 3:11 AM  
Nationals have been cancelled because of the flood damage.

Show Profile  Melissa Posted: 6 April 2004, 8:53 AM  
The programme is up at
http://nationals.orienteering.org.nz/programme.html

Show Profile  Ã…sa Posted: 6 April 2004, 11:28 AM  
Good luck to everyone who's running Nationals this year, but a special one to the ones with swedish connection!

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 6 April 2004, 3:17 PM  
Damaged have been Mark because of Nationals Cancelled.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 7 April 2004, 3:10 AM  
Is Jamie Jamie not going?
I don't see his name in the programme.

Show Profile  Dave Mcc Posted: 7 April 2004, 7:13 AM  
Man check out the field for M18 in the sprint race. Pressure on the likes or richard and simon to pull a race out of their asses. Question, whats the point of the middle distance on the last day, are we aiming to have short middle long extra long kinda short middle longish long but not quite really really short........ Anyways good luck people. Go buy a d squad shirt off neil, ill be in tonga so i hope to see some stunning times when i get back

Show Profile  addison Posted: 7 April 2004, 7:48 AM  
The point of having the middle distance one the last day, as I see it, is to try and make people stay for the relays. Quite smart really when you think about it, or you could see it as quite stupid on the otherhand as people may not even bother going to either of the days.

And David, their aint no pressure when you dont really care.

Show Profile  PaulS Posted: 7 April 2004, 8:18 AM  
Simon you're lucky I won't be at the sprint O. Now you definately don't have any pressure.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 7 April 2004, 8:32 AM  
Mark.

No No.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 7 April 2004, 1:17 PM  
The relay is and will always be the biggest waste of time ever under this format. Is it like this to make some old buggers feel special as a team needs them to win. Its a 4 day event with 2 1/2 races. You work out value for money over that Bruce

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 7 April 2004, 1:33 PM  
Oh bring it on Greg,

I remember after last years Nationals, we talked together about how great the head to head racing was and the superb spectator friendly course.

Just because the pace at the front may be a little more than you can handle I wouldn't scoff at the race. I am personally looking forward to first leg battle with some of the old wood of New Zealand Orienteering.

The club relay is the only event in New Zealand that engages any club spirit, with the exception of the All Night Relays. If a relay makes an old bugger feel part of their club and stimulates some competitive urge, I think it is great.

How fast is the first leg going to be anyway. Distance is something like 5.5km. Flatish sand dunes... we'll be back in time for breakfast.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 7 April 2004, 2:45 PM  
Look at the heading 'NATIONAL CHAMPS' not club sprit champs, these relays don't find the National champs of relays they find out which elites drunk the least the night before, (or who is still totlay plasted and pulls one out of the bag)

Show Profile  Brenda Boghopper Posted: 8 April 2004, 4:10 AM  
Don't the grassroots need the elite and the elite need the grassroots? If Greg wants to opt out of that partnership then he should pay a much bigger share of mapping costs than the "old buggers", shouldn't call on national squad funds contributed by the federation ("old buggers"), shouldn't use superseries travel support (arranged by "old buggers") and definitely shouldn't ask his club to help overseas travel.

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz