maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Who's coming to Sweden?

Show Profile  Ã…sa Posted: 14 March 2004, 4:55 PM  
Hi guys!
I'm trying to study quantum mechanics, but I don't think there's a more boring subject...! (hope I don't offend anyone) Have a sore throat today, so there will be no training. But I don't mind since it's still snow outside and just over zero degress so it's really slippery as well. But I'm thinking about the summer... Is anyone coming to Sweden then? (i.e. your winter...:-)) When, where, to do what? I'm curious and I miss you crazy bastards a lot!
Take care, love Ã…sa

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 15 March 2004, 7:01 AM  
I thought I posted a reply to this morning but it isn't here so maybe I forgot to post? Sorry if it appears twice in the end.

Just gave a quantum mechanics lecture, Ã…sa, it is interesting really!
Carsten leaves for Europe straight after Easter, he'll be based in Denmark but will be at tiomila and some other events in Sweden no doubt. I'm leaving at the end of May and will also be mainly in Denmark but will hopefully see you at something somewhere!

Rachel reads this but never writes anything so I'll say as well that she is planning to arrive in Sweden a few days before Tiomila and plans to stay a year or more...?

Greg and Claire are going, end of April, that's right isn't it Claire? Probably based in Sweden and training for JWOC in Poland. (And WOC as well...)

I don't really no who else is going to Europe or Sweden this year that you know. Sara is going back for her sister's wedding in the summer but I'm not sure if Aaron is going? Maybe I should ask them when I see them next.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 15 March 2004, 9:20 AM  
I'll be there June 9

Show Profile  Rachel Posted: 15 March 2004, 10:43 AM  
Hmmm yes I read and rarely write...I'll be there April 20th. Just in time for Tiomila

Show Profile  That Claire Girl Posted: 15 March 2004, 1:16 PM  
Yeah, I will be in Sweden on 27th April. Where are you based Asa?

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 15 March 2004, 3:18 PM  
Rachel must read MAPTALK every day, thats around 1500 hits and no postings (now one).

I hope the winter in Sweden is treating you well Asa, and you're developing into one of those big, lovable, cuddly Swedish mammas. February in New Zealand was the hottest on record - heaps of bikinis in Invercargill, while a fair portion of the north island was washed away.

See you in Sweden 2007

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 15 March 2004, 6:18 PM  
I've been here for 9 years and will probably be here for another 9 :-P

How long are you staying Jenni? Are you going to be working?

Show Profile  Melissa Posted: 16 March 2004, 8:01 AM  
I should be there for O-Ringen this year but that's all. I will be in the UK after that for the next little while (at least a year).

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 18 March 2004, 6:41 PM  
i'll be there for o-ringen. lookin forward to catching up with some of you. currently in cambodia sweating my fat ass off

Show Profile  :D Posted: 19 March 2004, 6:40 PM  
I'll be there sometime in July.. anything good still happening then? Anyone not going to o-ringen? Melissa, which part of the UK are u going to, I'll be there somewhere too, maybe in October.
Danielle

Show Profile  Melissa Posted: 22 March 2004, 3:03 AM  
Not sure yet Danielle, depend where I can find work. I'm thinking Scotland at this stage, but will let you know where I am closer to the time.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 22 March 2004, 10:46 AM  
Yip, sign me up for O-Ringen, I will be there too.

Show Profile  Ã…sa Posted: 26 March 2004, 6:02 PM  
Hi again! And big congratulations to Jenni and Carsten! And I have to admit Jenni, quantum mechanics is a bit funnier now when we have started with spectroscopy...
For everyone> I'm living in Uppsala (an hour north of Stockholm), and if anyone needs a place to stay for a shorter time, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be at Tiomila (10-mila) so hopefully I'll see some of you there!

...spring is getting closer.... :-)

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 12 May 2004, 8:21 PM  
i'll be working the whole of august on Englands sunny south coast, Bournemouth to be precise. its a total party town, i am working as a manager at a temporary ice-skating rink (don't ask, stupid poms) that is right on the sea front. my deal includes some kind of accomodation, could well be a nice wee hotel room. visitors welcome, there is some really good terrain 12 miles inland from the town. if all goes to plan i'll be staying down there for a couple of years....

if people are after UK orienteering contacts/competition advice/bludging floorspace, go to www.nopesport.com/forum
and post something, you'll get a positive response.

Show Profile  Karin Posted: 15 June 2004, 12:38 AM  
Hej! Back to Europe I just thought to ask some kiwis about there summer and europe- plans when i read these postings...
summer is not the right word this year (as cold as your winter till now probably) but anyway... if somebody needs some accomodation or help in austria...just catch up with me
Its nice to read that there will be so many of you at Oringen..I will be there too (after Jwoc and watching the European Champs)

so cu in Europe or next time in Nz

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz