maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Hardest Orienteering Race

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 9 July 2003, 3:11 AM  
Just a new random topic.

Wondering what your hardest orienteering race has ever been? Most physical and or mentally exhausting.

Mine would have to be JWOC relay in Hungary, 4th race in 4 days with 40 degree temperatures. I remember the last couple of legs crossed this massive clearing with long grass. Bit of a stuggle to say the least.

Andrew.

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 9 July 2003, 6:37 PM  
similarly - JWOC relay 1999 - bulgaria. fourth race in four days. 30-35 degrees and apparently 100% humidity, whatever that means... solid water? (anyway, not good for a lard arse like me). i was completely buggered, ran straight past a control without punching it and DSQ'd... arse....

Show Profile  BJ Posted: 9 July 2003, 6:56 PM  
nothing gonna beat last years norwegian Blodstilet it was a classic, 2.50hr of hell, it was about 2 degrees, and patches of snow. lorenzo was out for close to 4hrs!!!! as for you bendover, i remember your lard ass storming past mine in that 99 JWOC relay

Show Profile  Dave Posted: 16 July 2003, 10:05 AM  
Don't know where my hardest race was ..... but in that relay in Hungary i had to sprint off a Jap at the finish and when i recovered i realised i had lost my compass on the course and hadn't noticed .... It has to be up there somewhere

Show Profile  Dave Posted: 16 July 2003, 10:13 AM  
Ohh and there was that race in france up in the mountains when i came as close as i have ever been to dying after not having had anything to eat or drink for a few days plus being sick i then ran / crawled my way round a course that took me almost 4 hours and then fainted at the finsh. this was a couple of weeks before JWOC in spain

Show Profile  mark Posted: 17 July 2003, 1:21 AM  
There's no such thing as a hard orienteering race, you pussies!

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz