maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5  

NZSSC 2003 - What a cack

Show Profile  PaulS Posted: 20 July 2003, 9:10 AM  
Yeah thanks James. I don't need you to tell me, because i already know i'm an idiot.

The event was awesome. The weather was perfect. Nelson is a beautiful city. I would rate The Big Rabbit as one of the best maps i've run on.

Sorry Nelson. You guys did a brilliant job. I'll find out from the right people before i go and open my big trap again. I hope I can do some other events in Nelson and to revisit rabbit island...what a great map.

Show Profile  maskofsomething Posted: 20 July 2003, 9:43 AM  
How come nobody brought noise making stuff. I dont think the relays would have been that interesting if andrew and i hadnt made some noise but i luved the mpa top notch effort and also the event center on the first day.

Show Profile  rae Posted: 22 July 2003, 12:49 PM  
Just remember that no club is obliged to hold this event and negative comments as aired on this page do nothing to inspire senior club members to take time off work (loss money) and run this two day event for you! Running an event on a Friday is a PAIN as we the working adult don't actualy have holidays in July. How about a school from the host area offering to arrange the social sideas I'm sure you know what you want? And Paul I hope you have made a direct apology to the organisers and course setters of the Nelson event as they don't need your kind of negativity for all their hard work. Other potential host clubs are certainly put off volunteering to hold this event in the light of your preconceived club/map bashing ideas.

Show Profile  rae Posted: 22 July 2003, 12:50 PM  
Just remember that no club is obliged to hold this event and negative comments as aired on this page do nothing to inspire senior club members to take time off work (loss money) and run this two day event for you! Running an event on a Friday is a PAIN as we the working adult don't actualy have holidays in July. How about a school from the host area offering to arrange the social sideas I'm sure you know what you want? And Paul I hope you have made a direct apology to the organisers and course setters of the Nelson event as they don't need your kind of negativity for all their hard work. Other potential host clubs are certainly put off volunteering to hold this event in the light of your preconceived club/map bashing ideas.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 23 July 2003, 3:18 AM  
Hey good to see some adults contributing (note adulthood begins at 30 or children and at 23 I'm a mile off either).

Maybe some people if they realise the huge readership of this site would be more careful with their comments, I know I've slowly learnt the hard way!

Making smart arse remarks about the quality of an event a week before it was held proved to be one of the more remarkably stupid approaches that I have seen on this forum.

But Rae, I would be disappointed if a couple of mis-concieved spontanteous statements from some young fellas (humbly retracted) would really influence clubs/individuals in the way you suggest. Young guys are just tactless...generally they mean the best, and when they do actually offend people I'm sure they regret it, I know I do. And on a positive note wasn't it great to see the quick acknowledgement of the success of the event and real enthusiam for next year!

Good on you dudes...but remember that orienteering takes a lot of volunteer effort and people these days have a limited ammount of time.

Show Profile  PaulS Posted: 23 July 2003, 9:30 AM  
In hindsight writing the comments about the event is probably the most stupid thing I've ever done. I feel like going and deleting it, but then everyone else's ideas will be gone. I think there has been one slighty positive outcome: there has been talk about how we can improve secondary school orienteering.

In the other posting simon has come up with some good ideas. We should take note of them and look at ways of improving the whole side of secondary school orienteering.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3   4   5  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz