maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5  

The "Sweet As" Orienteering Road Trip

Show Profile  tuffe Posted: 9 October 2003, 10:13 PM  
onemanfanclub> Thanks for your information. Sounds like a good idea to get over that book when we arrive. There shouldn't be any problems eith the employment-stuff, cause we have applied for working visas.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 10 October 2003, 2:33 AM  
Fraser, yeah having dished out $250 the other day (2 tickets) I've decided a compromise isn't really in the pipeline.

Let the booze hags get abusive with drunk teenagers while us "drug-****ed hippies" experience some real sounds Rhombus, Trinity Roots, Zuvuya, OB1 etc in a prisitine alpine environment.

In saying that I'm all keen for four or so days training around Nelson beforehand and on the way down. One potential training run, the 'Wakamarina' river bed...akin to the famous Waitaks 'adventure run' but the river is clearer, bigger, longer and warmer, then cruise over to the best swimming spot in NZ 'Pelorus Bridge'. THese two places are between Picton and Nelson...say the 26/27th???

Show Profile  James Posted: 10 October 2003, 7:35 AM  
Yeah, come to think of it, Andrews right on the button, New Years in Welly will be a non-event!!! Paying a $20 cover charge at every bar, that we can go to any other night of the year for free, then once inside (after waiting 40 odd minutes in line) waiting another 10min to buy a drink, doesnt sound like the best way to celebrate the New Year!! I wreckon a BIG PISS UP on the beach with thousands of lucious blondes in tight little skirts and skimpy little singlets, drunk and looking for fun.............sounds much more appetising!
Does anyone know if they have strict alcohol bans down there??? cos that has ruined a few New years previously!
and im dead keen for the awesome training runs!!!

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 10 October 2003, 9:01 AM  
bradshaw the depths of your depravity never cease to impress me.

Show Profile  AndrewT Posted: 13 October 2003, 2:26 AM  
I just got frasers and my ticket to Alpine. Im taking my car over with Fraser, Dominic and Stu.

Thanks for the info about bluebridge Andrew.

Oh yeah, if you want to see class acts this years for New Year, THE only place to go is Alpine Unity. Seriously.

See you there or the series

Show Profile  That Claire Girl Posted: 14 October 2003, 3:22 AM  
Hey guys. About transport... What are people planning at the moment? Are there many cars available or is anyone planning on hiring a van and splitting the cost? I am in negotiations with my parents right now about the use of our family's 4-wheel drive van. It is a 7 seater, and might save cost to do with hiring, but there is an added cost of the ferry crossing, about $200 each way. Are there enough people prepared to go in with Greg and I on this cost, after that it is just the cost of Diesel to worry about. What are all your thoughts on the matter?

Also, what is the story with the "non-unity goers"? Any more suggestions on where we should have New Years?

Show Profile  That Claire Girl Posted: 14 October 2003, 3:36 PM  
Just a bit to add. The ferry is actually only $110 each way for vehicle like Andrew had said previously, so if that is devided between 5 or 6 people it makes the trip a lot cheaper than Van hirage as far as I know. Up to you guys.

Show Profile  James Posted: 15 October 2003, 11:41 AM  
Well you can save a seat for me in the van!!!sounds like an awesome way to travel! and i dont think that you will have any problems filling seats, but considering that i'm the only one to reply......maybe im wrong?

Show Profile  Bryn Posted: 15 October 2003, 12:29 PM  
yeah i be in it too, if i can get time off work, i tell u later on nxt week, im keen for new years at top of south island somewhere

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 15 October 2003, 3:20 PM  
shot gun!

Yeap you can count be in on the van. I was holding out for the yellow school bus ala the movie "Road Trip" but I guess a van is the next best thing.

After I finish my last assignment I will perhaps check Te Huna beach and other potential North of the South Island venues for accomadation. Would be great to get a cabin somewhere to cook and stuff whilst the remainder camp around.

Andrew.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 16 October 2003, 12:57 AM  
I was going to say I'll only come if James, Bryn and Andrew M are coming. Now all we need is a spice girls CD.

Count me in Claire.

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 16 October 2003, 2:54 AM  
I'm in

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 16 October 2003, 3:26 AM  
Andrew, you can't call shot gun until your in visual sight. Also vans have a small crumple zone and you can't reach the eski from the front.
Claire, Don't let Brent come unless he brings his spice girls CD. (The red one Brent)

Show Profile  Ã…sa Posted: 16 October 2003, 3:57 AM  
I have decided for me and my friend that the danceparty is a little bit too expensive for us... so count us in, in whatever plans you are making for New Years, as long as they are on the south island!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 16 October 2003, 10:07 AM  
NYs somewhere top of SI!! any objections??

decisions need to be made for ferry bookings.

1   2   3   4   5  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz