maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5  

The "Sweet As" Orienteering Road Trip

Show Profile  tuffe Posted: 28 September 2003, 2:57 PM  
hello!

we're three swedish juniors (19 years old) planning a trip to NZ in late november and stay for about three months. in june this year we finished our equvailment to your high school. the school orienteering teacher/trainer was Grant Bluett. we´re all among the 10 best juniors in sweden and two of us is in the national team.

we´ve taken part of this information about the "Sweet As" tour, and it sounds like a great fun! we´re really interested to join the tour. the only thing that can stop us join it, is the lack of money.

we´ve planned to get jobs down there, cause we ain't that rich... so, we wonder if someone of you know or have tips of suiting jobs for us. we also need a place to live down under, youth hostels and tent may not work all the time...

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 30 September 2003, 5:28 AM  
I'm sure you will find New Zealand not too expensive, especially if you hang out with Jamie and just eat bread. It will be "sweet as".

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 1 October 2003, 12:01 PM  
just bring some bin liners and sleep in bushes. then make sure you get a 'five-finger' discount at sleepy little general stores along the way. thats what i always do in sweden anyway. I got lessons in that, my teacher/trainer was David Brickhill-Jones, he is in the worlds top ten pickpockets. we used to call him oliver twist. perhaps i am going off the point.

the NZ dollar is pezzy. you rich swedes will have no problem.

Show Profile  tuffe Posted: 1 October 2003, 7:59 PM  
well, it's true that we prefer to live as cheap as possible. but general stores along the way are still not attractive for us. but, who knows, we'll maybe run out of money and then we can give it a try...

so, BJ is a pickpocket?! didn't know that...

ok, getting off the point again:
anyone has a cheap car for sale near Auckland? we're interested in everything that works and costs under NZ$2000!

Show Profile  BeeJay Posted: 1 October 2003, 8:31 PM  
do i always get grilled in every discussion? i am innocent i swear. Food glorious food. Hey who is Tuffe? what are your names, young swedish girls?

i am sure you could buy greg for $2000, he would be up for as test drives as possible

Show Profile  Ã…sa Posted: 2 October 2003, 2:32 AM  
Hey guys!
I'm planning on joining you on this trip. I'm bringing a swedish friend as well (who is not an orienteer) so I don't know how much "serious" training we will do. I think we might concentrate on drinking seriously...

Fellow countrymen>> I'm selling my car when I'm going home in January. Maybe that's too late for you?

Show Profile  tuffe Posted: 2 October 2003, 6:16 PM  
BeeJay>> click on the head beside my name...

Åsa>> mm, det kanske är lite sent med januari. var och för hur mycket köpte du bilen?

Show Profile  Ã…sa Posted: 3 October 2003, 1:35 AM  
Tuffe>> Den är köpt i Christchurch (där jag bor (pluggar här)) av en "begagnade bilar firma" och jag köpte den för $1300. Har rullat perfekt! Det enda negativa är att värmen inte riktigt funkar som den ska, men det ska ju inte behövas i januari...

Show Profile  Ã…sa Posted: 3 October 2003, 1:36 AM  
Glömde en sak...Är allt bra med Nattis fortfarande? Hälsa i sådana fall!!!

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 3 October 2003, 5:35 AM  
helveta! pratta engelska!

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 3 October 2003, 11:58 AM  
Det är inte ofta att Bendover blir så förbannad. Åsa är rätt i alla fall - det är ganska enkelt att köpa en billig begagnade bil i NZ.

Show Profile  tuffe Posted: 3 October 2003, 5:31 PM  
Åsa>> Jo, det är bra med Nattis. Hon har precis börjat som au-pair i schweiz och ska vara där till maj eller nåt. Ska hälsa henne från Åsa Pahlen då! (fast jag vet inte vem du är...) Låter ju som det är hyfsat lätt att hitta en billig & bra bil. skönt!

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 4 October 2003, 5:53 AM  
NOW see new thread "Whats become of the Roadie" for the latest plans.

This message was edited by Jamie on 27 October 2003, 11:56 PM

Show Profile  Ã…sa Posted: 5 October 2003, 9:22 AM  
Maybe I should continue with swedish, it's pretty fun watching all the "Swedish" answers posted here....
Well Tuffe, I know who you are, and we have actually met! See you in december I guess...

Jamie>> I'm gonna take Bitsie (my car) on the trip, but since I and Kattis (my friend) are gonna continue up to the north island (to go home...:-() when you guys are heading south, maybe you shouldn't count too much on extra spaces in it.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 6 October 2003, 5:58 PM  
$10 a night including beer!!!

1   2   3   4   5  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz