maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

NZ WOC Selections

Show Profile  Marquita G Posted: 7 May 2003, 1:15 PM  
The Silva NZ team to contest WOC is as follows:

WOMEN

Claire Paterson, RKOC (Classic, Short, Relay)
Tania Robinson, CMOC (Sprint, Classic, Short, Relay)
Rachel Smith, PAPO (Classic, Short, Relay)

MEN

Greg Barbour, Egmont (Short, Relay)
Chris Forne, PAPO (Sprint, Classic)
Rob Jessop, AOC (Classic, Short)
Jason Markham, PAPO (Classic, Relay)
Aaron Prince, PAPO (Short, Relay)

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 8 May 2003, 4:12 AM  
If it's appropriate can we have a few words about who was & wasn't available, and if the selectors had a target/limit on team size? But I do have to say I LIKE the look of this team, even if it might cause a few surprises. Good luck/good skills in Switz, guys!

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 8 May 2003, 2:35 PM  
I was unavailable.

Next year however will be 100-130 km from where I live so that's a possibilty - should also be able to help arrange good training and cheap (free?) training possibilties.... But I guess you'll all be saving your $$ for Japan...?

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 9 May 2003, 2:47 AM  
That Other Claire Girl,

Please piss off and stop being an idiot. I doubt you have achieved any better orienteering results than Greg as not many New Zealanders have. Those that have are also of a respectable nature and doubtfully hide behind pathetic pseudonyms to make immature and imbecilic comments such as yours. Perhaps you could aspire to Greg's ambition and desire.

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 9 May 2003, 6:33 AM  
If it's so funny why'd you take it off.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 9 May 2003, 8:41 AM  
I thought it was funny

Show Profile  runningbeast Posted: 9 May 2003, 8:53 AM  
what did it say ......I want to see the funny!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 9 May 2003, 9:46 AM  
Quit hiding behind fake names

Edited by - Greg on 9/05/2003 17:46:59

Show Profile  addison Posted: 9 May 2003, 10:13 AM  
Im on Stu's Side.

Go Stu!

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 9 May 2003, 11:33 AM  
everyone might as well presume, when its a pseudonym its old man crawford the 2pac (a day) President. And this time I know it was because I was on the phone to him when he thought of it.

This time he was actually funny....things are never forgotten in orienteering (like pissing in corners, trademarks on illegal drugs, or making a complete and utter absolute marnace of yourself at national prizegiving), so take a chill pill dudes, go and do some YOGA or something to let out that anger.

And don't start raving on about press-ups etc, there has to be some new element to the joke, ala....."I'm sorry Greg, I'm focussed on becoming World Champion and I just don't think I'll make it with you around". (for the benefit of deprived readers)

Jamie

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 9 May 2003, 1:42 PM  
Also might want to check where that 'quote' came from - I suggest you ask Neil

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz