maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

New IOF Control Descriptions

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 14 June 2017, 9:56 AM  
A few new symbols. Sounds like it is likely to take effect at the start of 2018.

http://orienteering.org/the-final-draft-of-the-updated-iof-control-descriptions-is-published/

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 30 November 2017, 7:57 AM  
New descriptions take effect 1 January 2018

http://orienteering.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/control-description-a4-pages_copy.pdf

They were originally planning to change the knoll and boulder symbols but that hasn't happened in the end.

The biggest change is probably the new symbol for Out of Bounds which is a black square with a flower inside it.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 4 December 2017, 4:37 AM  
Thanks Fraser. Are you the new Technical Convenor:-))

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 4 December 2017, 10:37 PM  
There's a technical committee?!? I was approved as an A grade controller 2 years ago and I'm still not listed on the ONZ webpage...

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 December 2017, 10:08 AM  
Perhaps there isn't. Using the contact form on the ONZ website doesn't seem to produce a response. But recently there was an advt for a convenor.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 10 December 2017, 10:45 AM  
3 weeks till it comes in so I thought I'd take a look. The link you gave Fraser produces a blank. Tried the links on the IOF website too, same. Actually I don't specially want to read all of it, is there a list of changes, anyone?

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 10 December 2017, 6:00 PM  
The 4 main changes are

· Optional extra line showing the distance to the start triangle from the timed start.

· New symbols introduced for Trench and Out of Bounds Area.

· The Bend has moved from Column G to Column F. This allows (for example) a description of Stream Bend North side.

· Removal of symbol for Radio or TV control.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 11 December 2017, 12:26 AM  
Looks like the link is back working now. Page 2 has a summary of the major changes.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz