maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

World Schools Champs, Italy

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 26 April 2017, 3:42 PM  
If I understand the website correctly, Baradene College was 2nd in the junior girls long, on Monday. They were in the category for all team members from the same school, there's another category for any school, same country. Mt Albert Grammar, Napier Boys and Napier Girls also ran well. I think there's a middle distance coming up.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 27 April 2017, 2:00 AM  
Top kiwi results by class
SB Bayley Stephens-Ellison NBHS 30th
SG Carolyn Nel NGHS 19th
JB Mitchell Cooper MAGS 11th
JG Anna Duston Baradene 4th
Website is hard to find and I can't now get back to the combined results. Individual results on http://liveresultat.orientering.se

Show Profile  hughff Posted: 15 May 2017, 3:32 PM  
Full results here http://www.isfsports.org/wsc-orienteering
Baradene Bronze in Junior Girls' School

New Zealand won the Joy of Moving Award for Fair Play, Conduct and Joyful Spirit. This was at least in part because two of our athletes (amos Plumpton and Adam Bateman) helped an English competitor who had a potentially serious head and neck injury.

Show Profile  MatthewMapNap Posted: 15 May 2017, 3:53 PM  
The award for a fair play means more than achieving a 1st place. I'm really moved by the attitude and sportsmanship of our athletes. Do you have any information what happened to the injured Englishman? Is he ok?

Matthew

This message was edited by MatthewMapNap on 15 May 2017, 9:58 PM

This message was edited by fraser on 16 May 2017, 12:14 PM

Show Profile  Dwayne Posted: 16 May 2017, 7:23 AM  
If you're still looking for the results - use Hugh's link above and then you need to click on the Bulletins link to get to all the results documents.

Show Profile  Taupoite Posted: 19 May 2017, 12:58 AM  
The injured girl was released from hospital that night and kept under observation by the coaches. They flew home the next day.
It was noticed that at the prizegiving that night, the English team gave a standing ovation when the fair play award was announced. One of the English coaches search out Amos and Adam individually before the prizegiving, thanking them and giving an update on her.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 19 May 2017, 6:31 AM  
And the Joy of Helping Others and the Future of the Sport before Thinking of your Own Glory Award goes to... those who accompanied the teams instead of running in the masters. Thanks:-))

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz