maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

taped route in OCAD course setting

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 15 March 2017, 6:01 AM  
Any tips on how to insert a taped route (eg to link 2 white course controls across a gap in available handrails) into a course in OCAD course setting?

I can insert a ‘mandatory crossing point’ or ‘mandatory route through OOB area’ into the course between 2 controls, but available options don't include ‘taped route’ or ‘follow tapes to next control’ or anything like that. Which would probably be good enough if we were using symbol descriptions. I CANNOT find a way to edit the text so that ‘mandatory crossing point’ (which would OBVIOUSLY make sense to an under 10, /sarcasm) shows up as eg ‘follow tapes’ in the English descriptions.

Have considered adding 'follow tapes to next control' to the text description of the relevant controls, BUT as well as seeming like a clumsy fix, it falls down if the same control is also used by a course that does not require the taped route and does require text descriptions

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 15 March 2017, 6:02 AM  
...also apparently I've forgotten how to edit a post here without also duplicating it, sorry!

Show Profile  comatose Posted: 15 March 2017, 7:47 AM  
Don't use the insert button. You should just be able to select the marked route symbol (705.000 in my OCAD 12 symbol set), and then draw it in where you want it. OCAD assigns it an "M" number in your course (eg M1), which then gets included in course description automatically (eg "follow taped route 50m" or whatever text you write into the description).

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 15 March 2017, 8:25 AM  
Cheers comatose, that seems to have worked nicely. If there's more than one way to skin this particular cat, other responses are still welcome, though more out of interest than for panic-dissolution!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 22 March 2017, 5:17 PM  
Slightly related, I think Condes must have a default of "taped route" for the finish leg. Seem to be a lot of virtual taped routes lately.

Show Profile  The Map Guy Posted: 23 March 2017, 5:38 PM  
There are 3 options for the Finish Leg in Condes. The top option is a Full Marked Route, the next is Forked Marking, and the last option is No Marking.

The Planner hasn't selected the appropriate option if a virtual taped route appears in the Control Descriptions when the "No Marking" option should have been chosen.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz