maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Spring Challenge

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 October 2016, 3:45 AM  
... is going from strength to strength, with a North Island event added to its South Island beginnings. Lots of orienteering and rogaining names in the Sportzhub story, and in the SI results. Be good to hear some tales.

A small irk - the NI results table has loads of bells and whistles, but I cant find participants' names. So even an "I was there" would be good, girls.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 13 October 2016, 7:27 AM  
If you go to the event page for either North or South Island and click on Team or Team List on the bottom of the menu you will get a list of all the team names and team members.

Nelson Orienteering Club's experience with this event is that it is fantastic for increasing membership and participation for those years that it is in your area if you target this market. Maintaining their interest if the event moves away from your region is the challenge. But some women end up bringing their kids along and then their partners etc. So worth the effort.

Show Profile  maggi Posted: 13 October 2016, 10:55 AM  
9 hour: Rachel Smith (OBOP) 1st; Anna Gray (NWOC) 4th; Tui Hambrook 9th
6 hour: Kate Salmon, Ella Walmsley (NWOC) and Vida Fox (HBOC) 1st junior and 16th overall
Probably lots of other orienteers but those are the ones I am aware of

This message was edited by maggi on 13 October 2016, 9:55 PM

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 October 2016, 3:57 PM  
Thanks Michael. I thought it would be nice just to scan through the results looking for names I knew, esp near the top of each class. Perhaps there's a method staring me in the face:-(( Thanks Maggi for giving me just what I was looking for:-))

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz