maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4  

Disappointing use of RouteGadget

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 19 May 2016, 10:59 AM  
Gavin wrote some excellent "how-to" articles for the OHV members' bulletin last year. They've since been installed on the OHV website at http://www.mapsport.co.nz/hvoc/howtousergindex.html

I knew I'd get that url wrong...

This message was edited by Michael on 19 May 2016, 6:01 PM

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 19 May 2016, 11:58 AM  
Agree about the use being dependent on the interest of the competitor to improve and is the reason I think it needs to be explored more to support coaching. Makes me wonder how much a club set of gps trackers would cost for loaning out to juniors at club events.

Show Profile  Mike B Posted: 19 May 2016, 2:06 PM  
Interesting concept using gps trackers, as most of the younger less experienced juniors probably don't have much idea of where they might have been.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 19 May 2016, 2:49 PM  
Yeah, or they don't realise how much time they are losing being slow through controls or stopping too much.

The bigger issue is definitely the lack of analysis by orienteers in general. Using a DOMA has definitely helped me over the last couple of years.

I am a bit more optimistic than Rolf and hope that live GPS tracking will make it to a NZ event soon. It is already possible at a fairly low cost with Livelox https://www.livelox.com/

Show Profile  Gavin Posted: 10 June 2016, 7:36 AM  
Two Elite routes up on RG for day 3 at Queens Birthday (thanks Casper and Sarah), and none for days 1 and 2 (those two maps went up only recently, I acknowledge). How are we mere mortals going to learn to be as good as them? Perhaps elite route choices and errors are too secret for competitive reasons? Pity. Maybe there's more to be learned from older grade experienced runners anyway, so all your routes too please! Good also for other reasons.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 11 June 2016, 1:15 PM  
Gene has posted routes on his DOMA, and there is a write up about his races with links on his blog.

http://genebeveridge.co.nz/strong-performances-at-qbd/

Show Profile  MikeB Posted: 13 June 2016, 11:23 AM  
Could someone from CM put yesterdays Waiuku North map on route gadget please. I'm trying to encourage the juniors to put their courses up on a regular basis.

Show Profile  MikeB Posted: 14 June 2016, 4:06 PM  
Thanks to whoever put the Waiuku North map on RG however it's not functioning how it's meant too. It's not possible to view anyone's courses as the runners names don't appear.

Show Profile  cmevents Posted: 14 June 2016, 5:23 PM  
Waiuku event is up, it (really!) didn't like the xml of results so has been reloaded now.

Show Profile  MikeB Posted: 15 June 2016, 1:12 AM  
Thanks Martin. Control circles don't look like they're quite in the right place but it might have to do unless they can be adjusted.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 15 June 2016, 2:07 AM  
I find that routegadget prefers loading a .csv of the results rather than the .xml version that is usually uploaded into Winsplits. Also, not sure if anyone is using condes but you have to save the course file as a version 2 of the .xml files rather than the default version 3 that can be imported into OE2010. If using Purple Pen this programme exports the version 2 as the default.

Show Profile  camd Posted: 15 June 2016, 3:20 AM  
For the Waiuku event, you're also still missing the split times Martin.
Also I'm not 100% sure but I believe routegadget only accepts csv splits files from OE2010 as it's xml splits import is designed for other orienteering event software only.

Show Profile  cmevents Posted: 15 June 2016, 7:07 AM  
camd, might need to refresh your browser?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 15 June 2016, 7:57 AM  
I've successfully installed an event using an XML version of the splits. However I usually find numerous obstacles to a successful load, one of which is referred to above. There are various versions of the IOF XML standards, someone else is usually supplying them, and I don't have control over how they were generated. Each time you see me, you should notice another patch of missing hair.

Show Profile  camd Posted: 15 June 2016, 12:11 PM  
Had another look CM on my phone instead and there's definitely no splits - only overall times showing. Splitbrowser also has nothing - did you upload the splits file or just the results file?

1   2   3   4  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz