maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

In Memory of Graham Fortune

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 21 March 2016, 7:26 AM  
It is with sadness we advise Graham Fortune of Wellington Orienteering Club died suddenly on Saturday 19th March 2016 in Auckland. His wife Kate was with him and it was as quick and peaceful as he would have wished.

Graham has been an orienteering stalwart for decades and was one of the earliest members of Wellington Orienteering Club. His involvement covered all aspects of orienteering and he has been an inspiration to many.
Our thoughts go to Kate, family and friends of Graham at this difficult time.

http://notices.nzherald.co.nz/obituaries/nzherald-nz/obituary.aspx?n=graham-charles-fortune&pid=178117049&fhid=12566

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 21 March 2016, 8:24 AM  
Others will perhaps write about his distinguished career. We need to note his long orienteering history, serving as Vice President, and representing both Australia and New Zealand against the other. Perhaps only a diplomat could do that:-))

Show Profile  addison Posted: 21 March 2016, 9:33 AM  
Thank you for the link Roger. This is indeed very sad news.

I always found Graham a fantastic person to discuss the challenges of orienteering with. He was always so interested in how people were going and always provided guidance when asked. My longing memory is just how well he picked up the chair of Oceania/World Cup 2013 and did such a fantastic job.

He will be very missed.

Show Profile  Kenny Posted: 11 April 2016, 8:14 AM  
I will always remember the kindness of Graham and Kate in taking me to O events when I first arrived in Canberra to explore the job market. Vale Graham.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz