1   2   3  

NZ Championships 2015

Show Profile  cmevents Posted: 4 March 2015, 3:05 AM  
Reminder that entries close on Friday

Show Profile  PhillipH Posted: 3 April 2015, 4:05 PM  
Unofficial results at o-lynxlive.com
Note : no live results posted during the event

Show Profile  AllanJ Posted: 4 April 2015, 3:30 AM  
Thanks for that link Phillip, been searching for some results. Why are there no results on the event website or winsplits yet? Pretty poor effort.

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 4 April 2015, 3:20 PM  
Some more photos from the sprint thanks to Mum (Maggie Reynolds) at:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzbQK0iyKMjzfjZnSGllWkpqaDdteXM2X3k2SUlOS3BSbm02TzNzc25ZSHJyNUlHeU5uYVE&authuser=0

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 6 April 2015, 6:55 AM  
Awesome NZ champs and big thanks to CMOC and others who helped put this on. Loved the new maps, and big ups to Paul Ireland for his mapping efforts on the middle and Long - what a fantastic area and will look forward to getting back in amongst those rocks and bogs!!

The one improvement would be getting results up on line. Its always great to get to look at the different splits and results ASAP after each event, so be great to see these up soon. I guess for a major champs we are used to seeing these up each day, so maybe an improvement area.

But other than that awesome event and big thanks again :-)

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 6 April 2015, 7:48 AM  
Cheers Pete, and congrats for your outstanding races.
Phew, always it's an unknown if the hard work is worth it and not always easy to judge how certain terrains will go down.
Wayne and Tricia also worked very hard devoting huge amounts of time and energy on the mapping, also contributing to a portion of the Long and all of the relay area.
I wish to thank the CMOC for their belief and professionalism in what was a large and tricky mapping project.
I really hope that people support events on the area for years to come. It was very pleasurable getting to know some of our wider orienteering whanau a little better.
I'm certain the relays will be awesome, a pity some people are missing out on some really nice terrain today as the entry numbers drop for the relay event, but such is life. Personally I have to go to work soon. Hope I can see you at the start line next year Pete!

This message was edited by Paul I on 6 April 2015, 2:05 PM

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 April 2015, 6:35 PM  
Superb layout of the relay, with heaps of runner visibility. This aspect of course planning is above and beyond getting the controls in the right place and the splits done properly, quite a feat in itself. The icing on the cake was a great PA commentary.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 7 April 2015, 2:53 AM  
Thanks very much for all involved in a fantastic weekend of orienteering. Also for the extra organisation involved in getting the school accommodation which really adds to the weekend to have the communal accommodation.

Also big thanks to Tom's Mum for spending her time taking all the wonderful photos - we never seem to have the time to get round to it and so it's really nice to get a good running photo of Kaia, and Kaia's happy that she can have some photos of her orienteering buddies. (Perhaps she could delete the photo of me though...)

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 7 April 2015, 10:25 AM  
Thanks CMOC. A big weekend of great racing from a tight knit club.

Some photos from the long from Maggie. Just uploading now, so should be all up by later tonight.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzbQK0iyKMjzfnJmdkhtQXdtWU0wMUNhT28zaVhRNzFXQ3lGNUJsUW9EblBxNzZNRnY2RWM&usp=sharing

Show Profile  addison Posted: 7 April 2015, 2:40 PM  
Yeah a massive vote of thanks to Counties for a fantastic weekend of orienteering. Well done on finding such a great bit of terrain and the great mapping job done.

Show Profile  Hamish Posted: 7 April 2015, 3:50 PM  
Thanks to all involved in staging nationals this year. It is so great to run on new, well mapped areas. Having 1:7500 was much appreciated for old eyes so we didn't have to struggle to pick up the detail. No fences would be better but this has been over debated before so will just go with the flow.
Well done CMOC !

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 April 2015, 4:31 AM  
Hear hear to the mapping. While the rock was the memorable feature, I saw the photogrammetry and it was very broad brush due to the available photos. Add to that the land shape is quite unusual, and most of the wiggles would have had to be fieldworked in. Even without the rock this would be a challenging area.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 8 April 2015, 6:07 AM  
Good photogrammetry in places and a real struggle in others. A lot of what to leave in and what to leave out questions. Balancing the grey line between a map for a runner and for the terrain not easy where there is a lot of features in this zone.

Did anyone notice the pyramids? Now THAT was cool.

Of interest some ancient sharks teeth fossils have been found in places that were once under the ocean floor, and there is a fault line somewhere through the map. Hope we can get to use it in spring one day as it's seriously beautiful then as well as experiencing an impressive and unexpected spawn of baby wildlife.

Show Profile  Rolf Posted: 9 April 2015, 12:54 PM  
Thanks Counties for a great NZ champs event. Great terrain, great courses, great weather and a friendly team. Well done to all those involved.
You have hosted, NZSS Champs, Auck Champs & NZ Champs within a 9month stretch... I think you have earned a break!!!!

Show Profile  themurrays Posted: 10 April 2015, 1:35 PM  
Yep, great events and spectacular maps especially the long distance with all its rock detail. is there any chance they could be loaded to routegadget? i'm especially interested in the long leg on M21E to see how it was solved on the day! Definitely worth the trip north, wouldn't have wanted to miss it. thanks to all concerned.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz